Arrow endoed files order

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Johno4566

Arrow endoed files order

Post by Johno4566 »

hi i got the first 4 season arrow on blueray and i ripped them dos eit rip them in order or are thier any easy ways to fix this problem thanks
preserve

Re: Arrow endoed files order

Post by preserve »

There are two factors, the authoring order - a lot of the time it’s good, but sometimes it’s not - and the order that MakeMKV presents the tracks.

MakeMKV tried to find the main title for movies, so as a result it can put TV episodes out of order.

I recommend checking out the Default Output File Name Template, I add {_s:SN} to the end of mine in order to see the source ID.

If you see any issues, one common way to check the order of TV episodes (if they don’t have on screen episode titles or production numbers in the end credits) is to look up the episode guide on Wikipedia and check the order by looking up the writer/director of each episode in the opening credits.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
xunil76

Re: Arrow endoed files order

Post by xunil76 »

Another way to verify episode names on some TV series, is that they sometimes put the name of the episode within the video. This used to be more common with some of the older shows (I know that Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Farscape, etc. do this), but that (sadly) has fallen out of favor in a lot of the newer series...but it may be worth a look to see if the episode names show up in the episodes.

Or if they don't put the episode names in the video, if you have a streaming video service (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.) that has the series you are ripping, you can simply compare the first minute or two of each video with that of the ones you have ripped...or if you have a blu-ray player, just put the disc in there and compare the episodes that way. It does take a little extra time that way, but it is a good way to make 100% sure that your titles are correct.