First chapter of rip silent

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
ChrisDalek

First chapter of rip silent

Post by ChrisDalek »

Currently trying to rip the 1946 film A Matter of Life and Death from Blu-ray. At first I wasn't getting anywhere until I updated my MakeMKV software to the current version, but now I can rip the film seemingly fine. Unfortunately, the first chapter of the resulting rip is absolutely silent. I'm wondering if it might have something do with a wall of text on the front of the film regarding its restoration; that this wall of text (which is on screen for 25 seconds) being silent has somehow caused MakeMKV to think the rest of that first chapter should be as well? I've played the disc in a blu-player and the rest of the first chapter definitely should have sound!

Any ideas?
preserve

Re: First chapter of rip silent

Post by preserve »

Assuming MakeMKV didn’t give you any errors during the rip, there shouldn’t be any issue with MakeMKV.

The disc may have multiple audio tracks (it looks like it has a commentary track), and for some reason, one of them may not have sound for that duration. Check which audio tracks are on the disc, which ones are selected when you rip the disc, and which ones you have selected during playback.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00