DEBUG: Code 0 at b#Y=^,NP@5vwqEv"}~{&:121264901
dcoke22

Re: Blu-ray Disc Backup Broken

Post by dcoke22 »

Can you post more of your log?
cph17

Post by cph17 »

It doesn't mention anything else that is meaningful. I've tried another disc and it says the same thing.

Backing up disc into folder "C:/Video/backup/DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER"
udf: can't translate icb address!
DEBUG: Code 0 at }}`_u63iz<X&?k/>rv!\:213133457
Backup failed

If I don't tick ''Decrypt video files" I get the following.

Backing up disc into folder "C:/Video/backup/DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER"
udf: can't translate icb address!
DEBUG: Code 0 at (*:V+7<vBy:Y|eS{=J~:121261658
DEBUG: Code 0 at (*:V+7<vBy:Y|eS{=J~:29403636
DEBUG: Code 0 at }}`_u63iz<X&?k/>rv!\:213133480
Backup failed
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Going by the bits and pieces, it would appear that the UDF file system on the disk was not "finalized" when the disk was written. Was this a home-recorded DVD you're trying to do, or just reusing that directory name?

This was one of the reasons I stopped using mine - if you didn't tell the recorder to finalize the disk before ejecting it or shutting the recorder off, you were left with a drink coaster. Often you could play the unfinalized disk on the recorder, and I was sometimes able to get it to finalize such a disk, but it was rare.

Then I discovered Tivo, and how to get usable files off of it... But that's unrelated to this.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
cph17

Post by cph17 »

Yes it was a home recorded Blu-ray Disc. This problem has only occurred a couple of times out of many backups I have done successfully. The same disc opens fine in normal mode to create the MKV files so I don’t know what is going on. I assume that if the program can decrypt/open the disc to convert it to MKV files then it can decrypt/copy the folders/files as a backup too.

I only need the backup function when the MKV files that are made are corrupt. This happens with films that have had the adverts removed on the Blu-ray Recorder (this creates chapters). The program just creates a MKV file with the first part (chapter) of the film repeated every time the adverts occur.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Have you tried simply copying the directory structure from the disk to your hard drive? There should not be any copy protection, so decryption would not be needed. What is missing or incomplete on an un-closed disk would be the directory structure (index.bdmv I think).
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
cph17

Post by cph17 »

I've tried manually copying the files/folders after opening the disc to decrypt them. The files can't be played by windows, possibly the encryption hasn't been removed. I'm sure they are encrypted as when the disc opens for MKV files it says 'decrypting'. Is there some data I can send to help fix the bug? The disc does open in the program to create MKV files just not in backup mode.

About the MKV files that are corrupt if there are adverts in the film. I have sent some test dumps to the support email address a while back. Do we have an update on the progress of this bug?