Trouble ripping multiple copies of same Miami Vice disc

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
sebgarbsc

Trouble ripping multiple copies of same Miami Vice disc

Post by sebgarbsc »

Hello,

I successfully ripped all discs of Miami Vice except for season 2 disc 1. I kept getting "corrupt or invalid at offset" errors and couldn't finish the rip.

I subsequently bought the set again, from a different store on Amazon (just in case it was a batch issue) but am having the exact same issue. I've tried backing up the entire disc first vs. direct access, tried increasing the and even tried a second external-powered drive. Aside from buying more sets and hoping for a different batch, does anyone else have any suggestions to get these last 4 episodes scanned? I am guessing its a mass-pressing issue. Also I am on a Mac and less familiar with the workaround where you'd manually copy all the files over, and then somehow get around the encryption but am willing to try anything if anyone is willing to help with the process. Thanks so much!
dcoke22

Re: Trouble ripping multiple copies of same Miami Vice disc

Post by dcoke22 »

I've only ripped it on DVD. I had a few discs that were problematic there too. I ended up renting the discs until I managed to get everything ripped.

You could try some extreme cleaning of the disc in question. Or press every friend and family member with a computer with optical drive into service to get a clean rip.