Is it possible to use makemkv with local files?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
joshua_anderson

Is it possible to use makemkv with local files?

Post by joshua_anderson »

I already have the files of a Blu-ray disc in my local machine with the following structure:
├── _AACS
├── BDMV
└── CERTIFICATE

I'd like to know if it is possible to use makemkv to work with these files, maybe using some emulation tool to create a virtual BD drive.

I'm using Linux.
Thanks.
Woodstock

Re: Is it possible to use makemkv with local files?

Post by Woodstock »

Not necessary, especially if they've already been decrypted. Simply have MakeMKV open the index.bdmv file in the BDMV directory.

If they're still encrypted, then it becomes more troublesome, because you probably did not retain the information MakeMKV needs to calculate the decryption key.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
joshua_anderson

Post by joshua_anderson »

Woodstock wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 12:42 pm
Not necessary, especially if they've already been decrypted. Simply have MakeMKV open the index.bdmv file in the BDMV directory.

If they're still encrypted, then it becomes more troublesome, because you probably did not retain the information MakeMKV needs to calculate the decryption key.
Thanks. I was able to do that as you said.

But the software is giving me this warning:

Do you know what does it mean?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

People usually see a similar message when AnyDVD is running in the background on their system. I don't think AnyDVD runs on Linux but you might have something else running. MakeMKV is saying that it wants to handle the decryption of the disc it is about to rip but it thinks some other program is going to try to do decryption instead. It might or might not work.