Need Help Decrypting a Playstation 3 Blu-ray Disc

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
juanlistenflac

Need Help Decrypting a Playstation 3 Blu-ray Disc

Post by juanlistenflac »

Hello I wanted to decrypt and make a backup from a Blu-ray disc meant to be played only on PS3. It is "Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection - disc 2". It has it's own "BDMV", "AACS" and "CERTIFICATE" structure for a digital graphic novel. I seperated those and excluded folders like "PS3_GAME" and made an .iso file using IMGBURN. Then I tried to make a backup on MAKEMKV but it isn't worked as I expected: "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted"

I know I need to supply a key to decrypt but I actually don't know how. Insturctions are unclear for a newbie like me. (It's my first decrypt btw :D )

I have my game's .dkey and .ird files but I don't know how should I use them. .dkey is openable on notepad and has a something looks like volume key but I really don't know what it really is: 3482C5CC7ABCFB450D933F72AA5832CA
And I tried lots of programs past 2 hours and I get this from my .iso: 2C63BA1349021113E8843BB896036079E12C5730 and this should be probably title id.

So, I am not programmer so I need your little help about this little issue. If you explain how to find out what those values really are and explain what should I do step by step. I know the solution is easy but I don't even know where to find solution so that's why I am posting a this topic. :roll:
Woodstock

Re: Need Help Decrypting a Playstation 3 Blu-ray Disc

Post by Woodstock »

Why didn't you start with MakeMKV on the original BD? MakeMKV cannot compute the key need without information that it reads from the disk itself, and rarely available in an ISO file.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
juanlistenflac

Re: Need Help Decrypting a Playstation 3 Blu-ray Disc

Post by juanlistenflac »

Unfortunately I don't have BD reader/writer and I don't know any people who owns. And it's a copy from the disc. And my PS3 is in my hometown. So I can't use it for at least for a little while about 1 month. If I could I would watch it on my PS3. That's why I want to decrypt and be able to watch it everywhere as a MGS lover.