The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh blu Missing Audio

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Damfino

The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh blu Missing Audio

Post by Damfino »

I ripped the blu-ray of "The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh" and the beginning of chapter three is missing a few seconds of sound. It should have music and then The Scarecrow says "There are some prisoners in the castle." Instead there is no sound at all until he says "They have asked for my help". The MakeMKV rip had no errors, appeared fine.

The blu-ray does not have this issue, you hear the audio that is missing from the MKV. I even tried ripping it again with the same result.

This is the first disc where I am aware that I've had this problem with no audio at the start of a chapter. I found this post:viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14135&p=47528&hilit ... und#p47528
about a similar issue six years ago, but they were getting AV sync issues, and no one ever posted whether it was resolved or not. I am not getting any error message.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this issue? Using 1.16.3 of MAKEMKV for Mac, but I tried an earlier version as well.
jayper

Re: The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh blu Missing Audio

Post by jayper »

I can reproduce this with 1.16.3 on Windows.
jayper

Post by jayper »

I also created an MKV with another program and can confirm that the audio dropout is not present, as well as when played directly off the disc. Only when creating MKVs with MakeMKV.
Damfino

Post by Damfino »

jayper wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:59 am
I also created an MKV with another program and can confirm that the audio dropout is not present, as well as when played directly off the disc. Only when creating MKVs with MakeMKV.
Interesting, and thank you for going the extra step and finding that it is isolated to how MakeMKV is ripping. I wonder why this is occuring?
Craig.Bellamy

Post by Craig.Bellamy »

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue. Can I ask what alternative program you used to create the MKV file. It's not that annoying an error as its just a teaser for the upcoming episode, but its definitely something I can live without.

Thanks