Blu Ray opens in MakeMKV, but not VLC??

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Joe Random

Blu Ray opens in MakeMKV, but not VLC??

Post by Joe Random »

Hi guys,

I was watching Korosensei Quest! on Blu Ray the last couple days perfectly fine. Today VLC decides to give me the standard message it gives when it's missing the AACS key:

"Blu-ray error:
No valid processing key found in AACS config file.
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray:///F:/'. Check the log for details"

Except, MakeMKV has no issue running it, I've changed none of my AACS libraries, and VLC player hasn't changed because when I put the disk in and tried to play it, it asked me if I wanted to start where I left off.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro if that matters at all.
Please help.
preserve

Re: Blu Ray opens in MakeMKV, but not VLC??

Post by preserve »

If I'm reading your post correctly, this sounds more like a VLC support issue, not a MakeMKV issue?

A quick Google search tells me this is a manga series. Does it have multiple discs, and did you change to a new disc? If yes, did you re-try the previous discs you'd already watched?
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Joe Random

Re: Blu Ray opens in MakeMKV, but not VLC??

Post by Joe Random »

Hey Preserve,

It's an anime, but nonetheless. I've tried multiple discs. Even my movies with really old AACS that usually always work were giving the error. I also tried uninstalling both MakeMKV and VLC and reinstalling both.

I eventually decided to restore from a system image I made before I installed VLC and MakeMKV. My computer happens to be pretty new, so I didn't lose anything. I did a fresh install of VLC 64x and MakeMKV from there and they all worked fine.

TL;DR: I've solved the issue, but I don't know what the issue actually was. I can't troubleshoot an issue I no longer have, so I'm closing the thread.

Thanks for the help.