Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland BR Center channel almost empty

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
AGAWA

Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland BR Center channel almost empty

Post by AGAWA »

The whole process looks normal, without errors, but the resulting FLAC multichannel files when played do not resemble original music.
Good example is track 15 - All Along The Watchtower and track - 2. Both use phasing effects to maximum.
Jimi's guitar disappears when moved between left front and right front. Like there was no center channel.
I checked with Audacity, and Center channel has almost nothing, very short of crosstalk in the middle of the song.
When downmixed to 2 channels strangely it seems like everything is there.
My only assumption is that the track is manipulated in MCH in such a way that is hidden, but reappears in 2ch downmix.

More in my entry in JRiver forum:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index. ... 995.0.html
AGAWA

Re: Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland BR Center channel almost empty

Post by AGAWA »

Just listened to another rip - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. All MCH.
There are some strange moments, different from what we know from playing discs.
Particular examples are: Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane .
There are certain moments when part of music content is changed (lower level in some channels),

Now I will risk my diagnosis (I could not explain why when downmixed from 5.1 to 2 channels - everything is normal ,Hendrix).

Having this all in mind I suspect that the recordings and content are manipulated on BR in such a way that on ripped files the content is not being repaired and perhaps some other locks of information are replaced in the music stream.

At least some idea, if so, ripping Blu Ray discs makes no sense as it produces some strange product, far from what producer realised.

It is interesting why there is no signs of this on various forums? It's hard to imagine that this is only me, as most of people use the same tools, so the results should be the same.

Take a good listen and find out.
AGAWA

Re: Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland BR Center channel almost empty

Post by AGAWA »

Found a problem.
While using DVD Audio - Extractor I contacted their database to download tags.
I remember something strange appearing in left window with titles.
Software started to behave strangely, I had to restart it and still it was behaving strangly, but converting to MCH flac files.
Having analyzed this behavior I removed all downloaded records and did conversion again without contacting their database.
Everything went smoothly and the result is as expected.
No more problems with Hendrix, plays beautifully.

I was looking for explanation everywhere, hence my entry here, apologies for using this forum.