Eureka Double Indemnity - missing audio only track

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
johnman

Eureka Double Indemnity - missing audio only track

Post by johnman »

I'm running the latest MakeMKV v1.16.3.

I used MakeMKV to create a backup of Eureka's Double Indemnity Blu-ray and everything works as expected, e.g. I can use VLC (with Java installed) to open the BDMV file, I get the disc menus and I can select from the menus and hear the "1945 Screen Guild Theater radio adaptation of Double Indemnity, starring Barbara Stanwyck and Fred MacMurray". It's audio only so when I play it in VLC, I hear the audio only and I continue to see the Blu-ray menu (there is no video). VLC shows it as track 4 with a running time of 29:21.

If I then use MakeMKV to open the BDMV file, MakeMKV doesn't see the audio only track 4:
MakeMKV v1.16.3 darwin(x64-release) started
The program can't find any usable optical drives.
Opening files on harddrive at /Volumes/exthd/Blu-rays/Double Indemnity
File 00002.mpls was added as title #0
File 00000.mpls was added as title #1
Title #00005.mpls has length of 20 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 30 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00007.m2ts has length of 10 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 30 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00008.m2ts has length of 10 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 30 seconds and was therefore skipped
File 00005.m2ts was added as title #2
Title #00006.m2ts has length of 12 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 30 seconds and was therefore skipped
Operation successfully completed
Looking in the MakeMKV box above that, everything has been ticked except for three occurrences of "jpeg 640x360 cover.jpg".

Is there a setting which I need to set so that MakeMKV can see and split out this audio only track ?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Woodstock

Re: Eureka Double Indemnity - missing audio only track

Post by Woodstock »

One possibility is that it is zero length (no video) and the 30 second minimum is getting you.

If you use the Information window in VLC, does it tell you which file its playing, or just a track number?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
johnman

Re: Eureka Double Indemnity - missing audio only track

Post by johnman »

Looking in the files created by MakeMKV's "Backup", I found the audio only track:

BDMV/STREAM/00010.m2ts

I can open it using VLC. It's 29:21 minutes long and the file size is about 400M. When playing using VLC, "Media Information: Statistics" shows "Audio: Decoded blocks" going up when it plays but "Video: Decoded blocks" stays at zero throughout; and "Media Information: Codec Details" shows:

* Stream 0:

Original ID: 4113
MPEG-1/2 Video (mpgv)
Type: Video
Orientation: Top left

* Stream 1:

Original ID: 4352
Codec: BD LPCM Audio (bpcm)
Type: Audio
Channels: Stereo
Sample rate: 48000 Hz
Bits per sample: 16