Jurassic Park 5 Movie Collection - converts to black screen

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
reid007bond

Jurassic Park 5 Movie Collection - converts to black screen

Post by reid007bond »

I'm hoping that somebody can help me. I'm trying to convert the Jurassic Park 5-Movie Collection. I'm able to open the disc just fine. I covert the disc to MKV - just fine (or so it seems). However, when I watch the movie - I have no audio and no video - only 2 hrs and 7 minutes of a silent black screen. I have no idea how to fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions / recommendations?
d00zah

Re: Jurassic Park 5 Movie Collection - converts to black screen

Post by d00zah »

reid007bond wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:30 am
I'm hoping that somebody can help me. I'm trying to convert the Jurassic Park 5-Movie Collection. I'm able to open the disc just fine. I covert the disc to MKV - just fine (or so it seems). However, when I watch the movie - I have no audio and no video - only 2 hrs and 7 minutes of a silent black screen. I have no idea how to fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions / recommendations?
What player?

Up-to-date?

Have you confirmed it supports the audio/video codecs required?

Once moved to an MKV container?

note: Some HW players will play back a disc, but bark about the same streams in a container.

These are typically playback problems, rarely the .mkv itself.

Try a different player (latest VLC?).
reid007bond

Re: Jurassic Park 5 Movie Collection - converts to black screen

Post by reid007bond »

Wow. I can't believe the solution was so simple - I'm frankly embarrassed. It was - in fact the player. I was running it with windows default video player. When running it with VLC, the video and audio showed up just fine. I also compress my BD MKVs with Handbrake in order to stream over WiFi a little easier. Handbrake had no issues with it either.

Thank you!!