Error Ripping single episodes

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Iscariot

Error Ripping single episodes

Post by Iscariot »

I recently purchased seasons of Penny Dreadful and the Following from Amazon and in the process of ripping to run through plex.

I have been able to convert all but one episode of Penny Dreadful and all but two episodes of the following.

I get the following errors:

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00003.m2ts' at offset '3075471360'
Error 'OS error - STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom1' at offset '3075471360'

All other episodes have ripped without issue, the episodes play (I know that doesnt mean much). Not sure what else to do. Dont feel like I can return the season as it works but without these files the seasons wont be complete.

Any ideas of remedies?

Cheers
dcoke22

Re: Error Ripping single episodes

Post by dcoke22 »

If you're experiencing rip errors, please read here first! … viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15055

The short, short version is, those errors indicate the drive is having trouble reading the disc. Try gently cleaning the disc.
Iscariot

Re: Error Ripping single episodes

Post by Iscariot »

I did read the linked post and have tried cleaning the discs to no avail. I have tried re-running it. Unfortunately I dont have a tool to create an ISO of the disc. Looking for any other ideas otherwise I'll need to buy something to rip the disc in full and try it that way.