The Cotton Club Encore BD obfuscation

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Phrehdd

The Cotton Club Encore BD obfuscation

Post by Phrehdd »

Though I do most stuff including MakeMKV on a Mac, I also use a virtual of Windows for some other applications. One that I use is BDinfo. The problem is that The Cotton Club Encore is a Lionsgate usual mess with plenty of false lists. The obfuscation is miserable but MakeMKV offers up one mlps as the correct one as the main feature. However, BDinfo suggests another mlps list that is upon fast review, different in which and what order the M2TS files are used.

Is there any sure way to know other than trying each to know what is the correct order of the files? I understand I might be able to possibly provide makeMKV with a bit of info. Which files would I need in particular as I have backed up the entire move to disc?
rdgrimes

Re: The Cotton Club Encore BD obfuscation

Post by rdgrimes »

So far none of the usual rippers have got this title correct.
rdgrimes

Post by rdgrimes »

Phrehdd wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:27 am
Is there any sure way to know other than trying each to know what is the correct order of the files? I understand I might be able to possibly provide makeMKV with a bit of info. Which files would I need in particular as I have backed up the entire move to disc?
Playlist # 830 should be the right one. If you wish to make a full disc rip, so far MakeMKV is not able to do that correctly but another ripper can. ScreenPass JAVA protection has come up with a new wrinkle to confuse ripping tools.
Phrehdd

Post by Phrehdd »

rdgrimes, thank you for the response. I tend to prefer the main feature (video, best audio stream and forced sub/sub if required) rather than the entire disc backup.

Rather interesting that MakeMKV and BDinfo both gave different playlists and neither were the one you recommended. Lionsgate can be a real pain.

Btw, the Encore version is not really better than the original release. In fact, in some ways it is worse.
bgrngod

Post by bgrngod »

I played the BR disk on my TV while having 830 ripped through MakeMKV playing on my PC. I walked in and out of the room a few times, but every time I checked it was synced at the same spot. I was looking over at it every few minutes.