Reign of Fire

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
WCVanHorne

Reign of Fire

Post by WCVanHorne »

I am trying to rip the Bluray of 'Reign of Fire' but it keeps failing part way through. The disc is in very good condition. Interestingly enough this one has caused problems before, albeit apparently as a DVD:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1292

Attached is the log.
ReignOfFire-MakeMKV_log.txt
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
I've ripped about two dozen Blurays successfully with this drive and 'makemkv'.

Log file also emailed to support.
mike admin

Re: Reign of Fire

Post by mike admin »

The h.264 video doesn't confirm to blu-ray specification. Could you please make a disc backup first and see if any errors show up.
WCVanHorne

Post by WCVanHorne »

Backup (without decrypting anything) went just fine, no errors. Another try at ripping yeilded an almost identical error:
ReignOfFire2-MakeMKV_log.txt
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 578 times
WCVanHorne

Post by WCVanHorne »

Just for the heck of it I tried to rip the backup files and it also ended in an error:
ReignOfFire3(frombackup)-MakeMKV_log.txt
(4.36 KiB) Downloaded 561 times
Any ideas yet?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

It's an incorrectly mastered disc. Workaround will be added but can't promise it in a next version.
WCVanHorne

Post by WCVanHorne »

Thought I should mention that as of 1.6.3 this title is working now.
ksbarnz

Post by ksbarnz »

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I am having problems with this disc. I have tried two discs and both discs fail to convert. I'm running Makemkv version 1.6.8 on a Mac. The error output is below:

The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00019.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 775022592, attempting to work around
DEBUG: Code 0 at 4Z!hn3Gh47CjT/:A9c6+:29393953

Both discs give the same error. Does anyone know of a work around? Thanks.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Firstly, try to make a full disc backup and see if any hashcheck errors show up.
ksbarnz

Post by ksbarnz »

Thanks for the reply. I tried a full disk backup and yes it was getting hash errors. It eventually said there were too many errors and exited. I will run the backup again and post the log.
JasonX

Post by JasonX »

I also just got the Bluray of this from Amazon US last week, and experiencing the same issues creating the MKV with MakeMKV.

Doing a bit of research on the web I can't find any evidence that a lot of people with physical bluray players are having problems... it seems exclusively an issue for bluray rippers with AnyDVD and MakeMKV both listing problems.

I was able to do a full decrypted backup to hard disk, and the main movie .MTS files (00018.m2ts and 00019.m2ts) read perfectly. That is, VLC for Windows reads and play back the M2TS files without any issues.

However, writing an .MKV from this backup has the same issue as reading encrypted data from the disc... corrupt or invalid at offset 430xxxxxxx, attempting work around on 00019.m2ts.

MakeMKV keeps going at it but even processing from hard disk, it only gets to about 70% of the MKV before it hits the errors so I'm loath to keep it running it any longer.

Has anyone actually let MakeMKV run over night and did it eventually write the MKV ok?
avidwriter

Post by avidwriter »

I'm also having trouble with this disk. It's a brand new disc just opened. It gets to around 70% then just locks up. As a workaround I made a backup of the disk, then used Mkvtoolnix to append the 2 movie streams (#18 & 19) together into a mkv. Lossless audio is lost that way but I can live with that. The mkv plays fine in VLC but Plex won't read it.

cheers
kfreeb

Post by kfreeb »

I have this title and have had no problems ripping it in the past.

It is the USA release with the following Barcode and ISBN numbers:
ISBN: 0-7888-7644-9
BARCODE: 8693673267

Using MKV, I let it scan the disk, till all of the titles are added to the list, uncheck everything but the movie title. Then I open the movie title, uncheck all Subtitles except english, and only leave the forced Subtitles checked.

For audio, all audio is unchecked, except for LPCM 3/2+1 English. When ever LPCP audio is available, I use it because it is uncompressed audio, which Handbrake can make and AC3 audio track from, that is superior to the on that is on the BD disk, being that Handbrake can't use the DD HD audio, but only the regular DD track.

During the rip, (because I have debugging enabled in MMKV) I do see the following debug text repeated 39 times before the rip starts saving to the drive.

DBG ASSERT: XNpneBE-sN34%~sDHsd}!?mH@m\Gy"|6qqxCD at 39Y]&sSnp8dS:4ZuT+L":121262716

I ripped this back in November of 2011 and it ripped fine then. I'm letting 1.7.6 take a crack at it, and as everyone else here has said, at about 70 percent ripped, it is just sitting there. I'll let it go for a while to see if it will get past it.

One difference back then, I was running my blu-ray drive externally through a firewire connection, (via a Wiebetech Ultra Drive Dock v4.) I'm currently running it internally, through the internal esata connection on my logic board.

I have four cores processing and I do see that in the activity monitor, that MMKV is shown as not responding, but that is using one of the processor at around 100 percent and menu meters is showing that something is being written to the drive constantly. When I check the hard drive that should be, being written to, I'm not seeing a change in the available drive space, which would indicate that MMKV has frozen some processes.

UPDATE: I'm running from an external boot drive via firewire and running MMKV 1.7.2. At the point at which the rip stopped the last time, it hasn't this time. It looks like it is going to finish. My next test will be running 1.7.2 on my internal boot drive and see if it will finish. (There were no Debug errors.)

UPDATE 2: Well the rip finished with no issue on my internal boot drive, (No Debug errors) running 1.7.2. The next step is to see which version of MMKV introduced the bug that stop the rip of Reign of Fire.

UPDATE 3: I have tested Make MKV version 1.7.3 - 1.7.6 and discovered that the problem with ripping this disk started with MMKV version 1.7.3 onward, (all had Debug errors.) If you use MMKV version 1.7.2, you will be able to rip Reign of Fire. I will report this bug to technical support.
Last edited by kfreeb on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (mid 2012)
64GB Memory
Mac OS X 10.14.6
kfreeb

Post by kfreeb »

Just so tech support has more to look at, with this issue of movies that will not rip, I found another title that has the same issue as Reign of Fire, it's: Meet the Robinsons. I had to use Make MKV 1.7.2 to rip it, nothing past version 1.7.2 can rip it.

The same debug error below, is repeated several times, as with Reign of Fire:

DBG ASSERT: XNpneBE-sN34%~sDHsd}!?mH@m\Gy"|6qqxCD at 39Y]&sSnp8dS:4ZuT+L":121262716
64GB Memory
Mac OS X 10.14.6
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

kfreeb wrote:Just so tech support has more to look at, with this issue of movies that will not rip, I found another title that has the same issue as Reign of Fire, it's: Meet the Robinsons. I had to use Make MKV 1.7.2 to rip it, nothing past version 1.7.2 can rip it.

The same debug error below, is repeated several times, as with Reign of Fire:

I have to ask you for a lengthy step - please do a testdump per http://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/testdump.html for the title that hangs.
kfreeb

Post by kfreeb »

mike admin wrote:
kfreeb wrote:I have to ask you for a lengthy step - please do a testdump per http://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/testdump.html for the title that hangs.
I've sent the link of the TESTDUMP file, to support.
64GB Memory
Mac OS X 10.14.6