Spider-man Homecoming

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
peter-a

Re: Spider-man Homecoming

Post by peter-a »

I just picked up the 4K version of this. I see five different versions of it.

83 Chapter (2 versions)
16 Chapter (2 versions)
No Chapter (1 version)

I expect that the version without chapters is valid, along with one of the 16-chapter versions.

Does anyone know which of the 16-chapter versions might be correct? They're 10.mpls and 11.mpls, both at 56.5GB and 2:13:28.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

peter-a wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:04 pm

83 Chapter (2 versions)
16 Chapter (2 versions)
No Chapter (1 version)

I expect that the version without chapters is valid, along with one of the 16-chapter versions.

Does anyone know which of the 16-chapter versions might be correct? They're 10.mpls and 11.mpls, both at 56.5GB and 2:13:28.
Try running your decrypted folder through GetMPLS. Hopefully it will tell you the correct playlist.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
by96$

Post by by96$ »

peter-a wrote:

83 Chapter (2 versions)
16 Chapter (2 versions)
No Chapter (1 version)

Did you ever figure this one out? I am trying to decide which one to rip. Thanks!
preserve

Post by preserve »

by96$ wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:58 pm
peter-a wrote:
Did you ever figure this one out? I am trying to decide which one to rip. Thanks!
Could be this:
preserve wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:42 am
- Look at the included audio/subtitle tracks. Some discs have one playlist for English/French/Spanish/etc, and a second playlist for English/Japanese.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
criminal_chris

Post by criminal_chris »

Did anybody ever figure this out?

I ran the decrypted folder through GetMPLS and it showed playlist 00023.mpls and 00001.m2ts as the recommended playlist.

Makemkv shows that source file as the Title without any chapters. Seems kind of odd. I was hoping somebody else who has ripped this movie can confirm.

Thanks,
Gryphon

Post by Gryphon »

I don't have the US version, I happened to be in Canada when the movie was released so I bought it there. My blu-ray (the one that was included with the 4K disc) has two mpls files (420 and 421) but other than the differing number of chapters they appear identical. Same file size, same length, and most importantly the same segment maps. Also the same audio & subtitle tracks. So I think other than the metadata used to access the study guide they are identical. I wound up keeping the 16 chapter version for my Plex library, I haven't noticed anything wrong with it.
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

Was anyone ever able to figure out how to rip the Spidey Study Guide?
jymbob wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:23 pm
Holy thread revival, Batman!

Just to say, the 83 chapter track is what's loaded when you activate the Spidey Study Guide special feature, which I'm having difficulty finding to rip. It looks and acts like a hidden subtitle track, but I can't see it in the mpls file. The chapter points correspond to when an info card appears on the screen when played back on a bluray player.