John Wick Chapter 2

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Assmonkey
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:27 am

John Wick Chapter 2

Post by Assmonkey »

Playlist obfuscation. Anyone know the correct playlist/segment map?
Lovely Rita
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by Lovely Rita »

hvnphoto wrote: Within the BDMV folder there is a Stream folder. In the Stream folder you will see a number of m2ts files. These are the segment files for the movie. You will notice 00500.m2ts to 00520.m2ts, for example. Locate the first and last segments of the movie. In the case of The Shack (Redbox) the first segment is 518. Take a look at the end of the 518 scene. The end scene should flow into another segment of movie. Locate that segment and repeat. Eventually the movie will be complete as you piece the segments together.
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
Assmonkey
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:27 am

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by Assmonkey »

Lovely Rita wrote:
hvnphoto wrote: Within the BDMV folder there is a Stream folder. In the Stream folder you will see a number of m2ts files. These are the segment files for the movie. You will notice 00500.m2ts to 00520.m2ts, for example. Locate the first and last segments of the movie. In the case of The Shack (Redbox) the first segment is 518. Take a look at the end of the 518 scene. The end scene should flow into another segment of movie. Locate that segment and repeat. Eventually the movie will be complete as you piece the segments together.
If you've watched the movie already, this is certainly an option but I usually wait to watch the movie when I've made it into an MKV and this method would ruin the movie for me.
hvnphoto
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 am

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by hvnphoto »

Assmonkey wrote:Playlist obfuscation. Anyone know the correct playlist/segment map?
PLAYLIST REPORT:
Name: 00440.MPLS
Retail Version

I will provide the segments a little later.
hvnphoto
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 am

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by hvnphoto »

Title information
Name: John Wick Chapter 2
Source file name: 00440.mpls
Duration: 2:02:22
Chapters count: 16
Size: 33.8 GB
Segment count: 13
Segment map: 502,508,501,514,506,503,505,515,513,512,504,507,511
File name: John_Wick_Chapter_2_t142.mkv

00487.mpls and 00607.mpls are equal to 00440.mpls so you guys can try those playlists if 440 is not present. The Redbox and Netflix versions will have a different playlist since those copies do not include the TrueHD 7.1 Atmos audio track.

Hope this helps.
Cornstick
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:22 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by Cornstick »

Hmmm.... The 487 on my retail disc is different.

Title information
Name: John Wick Chapter 2 (English)
Source file name: 00487.mpls
Duration: 2:04:08
Chapters count: 16
Size: 34.1 GB
Segment count: 16
Segment map: 502,3848,514,506,508,501,515,510,511,504,505,507,513,503,509,512
File name: John_Wick_Chapter_2_t171.mkv


I wonder why MakeMKV is not reading the java.exe file?
Lovely Rita
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by Lovely Rita »

Cornstick wrote:I wonder why MakeMKV is not reading the java.exe file?

Perfect opportunity to send Mike the needed files to help improve the java feature.
mike admin wrote: - Make a full disc backup with MakeMKV, encrypted or decrypted, doesn't matter. This step might be skipped, but please note that as part of protection these discs usually contain a large number of fake files. Using MakeMKV for backup will remove these.
- Delete (or move to some other location) two folders from the backup - STREAM and BDSVM. Alternatively delete all M2TS, SSIF and SVM files.
- Compress the folder with the backup with any archiver of your choice and share the produced file on the dropbox.com or any other file sharing service of your choice.
- Send a link to support@makemkv.com . If you know the correct playlist number, please note it as well, but this is not really important.
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
pleiosaur
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by pleiosaur »

Redbox segment mapping looks like it should be:
502,508,501,514,506,503,505,515,513,512,504,507,511

Seems to map to 440.mpls on mine.
bretb
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:08 am

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by bretb »

You guys are the best of the best of the best! :)
Zenophobe
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:13 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by Zenophobe »

440.mpls on Retail I get the following:

Title information
Name: John Wick Chapter 2
Source file name: 00440.mpls
Duration: 2:02:22
Chapters count: 16
Size: 33.8 GB
Segment count: 13
Segment map: 502,508,501,514,506,503,505,515,513,512,504,507,511
File name: John_Wick_Chapter_2_t142.mkv

This is a 7.1 Dolby Atmos disk
JediSamReye
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:55 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by JediSamReye »

Cornstick wrote:Hmmm.... The 487 on my retail disc is different.

Title information
Name: John Wick Chapter 2 (English)
Source file name: 00487.mpls
Duration: 2:04:08
Chapters count: 16
Size: 34.1 GB
Segment count: 16
Segment map: 502,3848,514,506,508,501,515,510,511,504,505,507,513,503,509,512
File name: John_Wick_Chapter_2_t171.mkv


I wonder why MakeMKV is not reading the java.exe file?

I just tried this one, and it didnt work. The video started correctly, and started the opening to the movie, and failed about 5 minutes in. I am assuming the 3848 is the red herring
blabbo
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by blabbo »

On the Netflix disc, there is no 440.mpls or 487.mpls. There's a 607.mpls, but the playlist is different:

502,505,512,504,516,509,501,514,510,513,507,519,520,508,515,511,506,518,503,517

None of the playlists on the Netflix disc have 508 as the second segment.
Zenophobe
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:13 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by Zenophobe »

Zenophobe wrote:440.mpls on Retail I get the following:

Title information
Name: John Wick Chapter 2
Source file name: 00440.mpls
Duration: 2:02:22
Chapters count: 16
Size: 33.8 GB
Segment count: 13
Segment map: 502,508,501,514,506,503,505,515,513,512,504,507,511
File name: John_Wick_Chapter_2_t142.mkv

This is a 7.1 Dolby Atmos disk
This list gave me audio errors.
JediSamReye
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:55 pm

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by JediSamReye »

Zenophobe wrote:
Zenophobe wrote:440.mpls on Retail I get the following:

Title information
Name: John Wick Chapter 2
Source file name: 00440.mpls
Duration: 2:02:22
Chapters count: 16
Size: 33.8 GB
Segment count: 13
Segment map: 502,508,501,514,506,503,505,515,513,512,504,507,511
File name: John_Wick_Chapter_2_t142.mkv

This is a 7.1 Dolby Atmos disk
This list gave me audio errors.
Yep 440 gave me bad audio
hvnphoto
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 am

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by hvnphoto »

If you are using VLC to play the TrueHD 7.1 Atmos audio track you will get cutouts. You need to play the DD Surround 5.1 audio track. VLC currently doesn't support Atmos.
Post Reply