Mr. Robot Season 2 Disk 1

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
buhlig

Mr. Robot Season 2 Disk 1

Post by buhlig »

Hi,

This blu-ray was just released today and I wanted to get this up to my media server so I can stream to my phone at work (at lunch) :)

But when I went to mkv the first disk some odd stuff showed up.

From what I can see, there should be episodes 1-4 and 2 special features on the first disk. t00 - t02 look to be the correct t003 seems to be the background for the menu system, then finally the 2 special features. I attached the log file to this post, but not sure if it will do any good.

Any thoughts on this will be great.

Thanks,

Ben
preserve

Re: Mr. Robot Season 2 Disk 1

Post by preserve »

Log not attached, what would be useful is a screenshot of the titles and their details that show up when you open the disc.

I don't own this but I have a feeling that title 0 is both episodes 1 and 2 because it was a "two-parter," the episode names were "eps2.0_unm4sk-pt1.tc" and "eps2.0_unm4sk-pt2.tc"

If title 0 is twice as large and with twice as many chapters as titles 1 and 2, then you have your answer.

And also Mr. Robot is ashamed of you ;)
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
buhlig

Post by buhlig »

Lol I don't blame him in being ashamed in me for this one...

Originally I thought the first one was a double episode as well, but it didn't seem big enough at 16.1 GB versus 12GB, so tonight I checked the length of the episode and it was 1 hour 22 +/- minutes not 1 hour like normal episodes. I had to look back to the digital copy to see the lengths they were 43:00 and 42:00 giving me a total of 1:25 minutes...

:oops:

I was thinking the worse with it being a new copy protection issue, but all it really was them combining the 2 episodes into 1 continuous one making a tired person try to think.

I will have to watch it tomorrow to see if it is what we expect now.

Thanks for setting my mind straight
MediaLibrary

Post by MediaLibrary »

Chapter 1: 00:06:51
Chatper 2: 00:23:07
Chapter 3: 00:29:43
Chapter 4: 00:22:34

There is no way to add the four chapters to get two 42/43 episodes out of the chapters. I've seen with Spaced its a single MKV that contains all of the streams in a single file and you just have to go through and select 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, etc... to get the seven episodes of it.

The end of the 01:22:17 is the murder in the bar (spoilers) but the S02E02 isn't 01:22:17 even though it appears to be both Episodes 1 and 2 but not split up by chapters. I don't get any errors on extracting the Blu-Ray video from the disc.

Any ideas?