Allegiant

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Director Doug

Re: Allegiant

Post by Director Doug »

I can't even get the disk to load...the process begins, freezes and then I get a pop up window that says " to use the "java" command-line tool you need to install a JDK"...!!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

You may want to revert to the last version for now - Allegiant is one of the titles out there that uses Java to hide which title is "real", and a new feature in 1.10.0 is an attempt to load Java to figure that out... and it doesn't always find Java where it is looking for it, even when present.

This error is NOT appearing for everyone on every disk; I have yet to see it, and I do not have any version of Java installed on my machines. But I also have not purchased a Lionsgate disk in some time, because of their obfuscation.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

There is now a new folder added to newer disks called BDSVM. never seen this before. AS for the java there are now references to m2ts.dll and mpls.dll in powerdvd versions that are trying to mask the mpls. It will call randomly many mpls files so its hard to find the correct one. However you can set .m2ts filter and fast forward the movie 32x and write down the segments and use bdedit to find the mpls or if you have mpls finder tool you can enter the segments in and one press of the search button it will reveal the mpls. I do not have keys to this program so you will have to find rotty dog on the redfox forums to get the fingerprint code to unlock. This program is what I use to deal with screen pass disks. Many have given up as the protections are getting harder. I wish I could share this program with you guys but I did not write it.
MrVideo

Post by MrVideo »

gereral1 wrote:There is now a new folder added to newer disks called BDSVM.
Unless it has been somehow magically added to the Blu-ray spec, it really should not be there. That means Blu-ray players will ignore it, but Java code on the disc probably won't. :evil:

Do you have a specific example of a movie that has it?
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

MrVideo wrote:
Unless it has been somehow magically added to the Blu-ray spec, it really should not be there. That means Blu-ray players will ignore it, but Java code on the disc probably won't. :evil:

Do you have a specific example of a movie that has it?
Pretty sure that's BD+ in action

http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-140893.html
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

thetoad wrote:
MrVideo wrote:

The reverent shows this. Also 2 new DLL files are called m2ts.DLL and mpls.DLL which create winreg entry's and folders on your drive. I'll update my findings on alligant when I get it.
MrVideo

Post by MrVideo »

gereral1 wrote:The reverent shows this. Also 2 new DLL files are called m2ts.DLL and mpls.DLL which create winreg entry's and folders on your drive. I'll update my findings on alligant when I get it.
Reverent?

I have the U.S. Allegiant release (for the moment) and there is no such directory as BDSVM.

Any program that does anything to your computer without your permission is in violation of U.S. law (for those of us here in the U.S.). If anything were installed by any production company, without permission, there would be lots of lawsuits. Big companies know better.

But, there is a FAB! directory, which I have seen on other releases. No idea why it is there.
Aast656

Post by Aast656 »

As far as I know, the FAB folder appears when the bluray has been unprotected with the DVDFab software.
MrVideo

Post by MrVideo »

Aast656 wrote:As far as I know, the FAB folder appears when the bluray has been unprotected with the DVDFab software.
That is what I thought, but this is an original production disc. Weird.
PhillWall72

Post by PhillWall72 »

I have the UK Blu-Ray. It has no obfuscation and MakeMkv says it is protected with AACS 61 but I get posix errorw when I try to rip it. I have checked and can rip other Blu Rays (including Other Divergent ones). Is there a setting I am missing?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Posix errors can come from a variety of sources; generally, they're the hardware saying it can't read the disk. The REASON can be varied, from dirty disk to power problems to hardware failures.

The "go to" issue is usually dirt, often in the form of a finger print or, increasingly, a general haze on the disk from the loading equipment. If the error moves around between rip attempts, this is more probable.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
bart1964

Post by bart1964 »

Any help with the Canadian retail version of this movie? Nothing I see looks anywhere close to anything posted here so far.

Thanks.

Bart
preserve

Post by preserve »

I consider the first movie fantastic on many levels, the second wasn't as strong but still decent.
Allegiant just went downhill but it was on sale for cheap recently so I picked it up to "complete" the series.
Shame what happened to this series, never read the books but I guess the source material must be partly to blame.
Always felt that Hunger Games also started stronger than it finished.
(Still didn't figure out playlist for Canadian Mockingjay Part 2, guess I should revisit that next.)

This is for Allegiant Canada retail version (Amazon.ca) 7 74212 00587 9

MakeMKV 1.10.6 duplicate detection got it down to three playlists, two of which are both 16 chapters 37.1 GB and 2:00:33.

And this one seems to be the correct one:

00738.mpls 508,505,507,509,504,502,510,501,506,503
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
preserve

Post by preserve »

PS - don't forget to have Java installed.

With Java, 00738.mpls for Canada retail will be automatically identified as (FPL_MainFeature).

And make sure you are connected to the internet (or download the SVQ file manually) - you need it for this disc, otherwise your rip will be corrupted due to BD+ FUTs.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
mr.ripper

Post by mr.ripper »

Anyone knows the correct playlist for the nordic version of this disc?