No Disc Inserted Season of the Witch and Apocalypse Now

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
smckenzie

No Disc Inserted Season of the Witch and Apocalypse Now

Post by smckenzie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:31 am

Am getting 'No Disc Inserted' on Season of the Witch and Apocalypse Now Blu Rays. Never had a problem with the drive before, in fact these are the only two discs it won't read. Do they have some different kind of copy protection on them? When I put the disc in you can see the disc being read, then nothing.

My drive is a BD-ROM PLEXTOR BDDVDR PX-B310U 1.06" on Os X 10.7.2 with MakeMKV 1.7. No log file as no action was taken by Make MKV.

setarip_old

Re: No Disc Inserted Season of the Witch and Apocalypse Now

Post by setarip_old » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 am

Hi!

Clean the discs and also carefully examine them for physical damages (scratches and or cracks)...

smckenzie

Post by smckenzie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:27 pm

setarip_old wrote:Hi!

Clean the discs and also carefully examine them for physical damages (scratches and or cracks)...

The discs are brand new.

crowfax

Post by crowfax » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:44 pm

smckenzie wrote:The discs are brand new.
Which does not mean they are damage free.

Can your computer see the discs when you put them in the drive? Do you see them in the file manager? If you do not then you have an issue unrelated to MakeMKV. Sounds like a failing or marginal drive.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox

smckenzie

Post by smckenzie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:26 pm

crowfax wrote:
smckenzie wrote:The discs are brand new.
Which does not mean they are damage free.

Can your computer see the discs when you put them in the drive? Do you see them in the file manager? If you do not then you have an issue unrelated to MakeMKV. Sounds like a failing or marginal drive.
No.

Possibly, but put in any other disc and it works just fine. I'm presuming there isn't any unusual copy protection on these discs?

crowfax

Post by crowfax » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Nothing that would cause that.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox

xecode

Post by xecode » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:35 pm

I had an older laptop (slim) BDROM pioneer drive (circa 3+ years ago), and it worked well for a long time noticed some new BD's would throw read errors on certain sectors when using makeMkv, and a few even it would spit out and refuse to mount in the OS. These discs worked fine in another BDROM drive, so I just bought a new 5.25" LG drive, and they read like a champ. just a fyi. Discs that used to work in the old BDROM drive still did, just seemed like a handful of brand new discs just had issues with the old drive.

smckenzie

Post by smckenzie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 pm

xecode wrote:I had an older laptop (slim) BDROM pioneer drive (circa 3+ years ago), and it worked well for a long time noticed some new BD's would throw read errors on certain sectors when using makeMkv, and a few even it would spit out and refuse to mount in the OS. These discs worked fine in another BDROM drive, so I just bought a new 5.25" LG drive, and they read like a champ. just a fyi. Discs that used to work in the old BDROM drive still did, just seemed like a handful of brand new discs just had issues with the old drive.
could the drive really fail after 2 years?

crowfax

Post by crowfax » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Yup.