Multiple Title ** Copies ??

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
dabx5

Multiple Title ** Copies ??

Post by dabx5 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:34 am

Newbie to Make.MKV here:

I started re-ripping my database due to XBMC BR .ISO file unreadable issue. but enconter a problem.

I have 66 BR's on a Windows Home Server ripped into Video_TS.ISO format by using Anydvd. Each of the BR movies are in their own folder with the .iso file inside it.

I try and use Make.MKV to rip them into .mkv 1:1 format and although the rip works i get multiple files upto about 37 per movie and some are duplicate mkv rips.. (I also do not get the options to select title only, audio version and subtitles etc)= that window of options just does not appear). The rips to .mkv are taking about 4 hours each.

I own the movies and have the discs but my media PC does not have a BR drive in it only My server and cant run Make.MKV on the server. So what i am doinging is running Make.MKV on the media PC and selecting server source file to server destination folder..

Any idea why i dont get the selection options. is it because i am doing a rip/convert to .mkv from a Anydvd rip instead of the actual disc or some other reason..??

Thanks D.

kjhgshadow

Re: Multiple Title ** Copies ??

Post by kjhgshadow » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:00 am

Instead of wasting all that time ripping so many movies, why don't you just update XBMC from current source? It can play the iso files then.

dabx5

Post by dabx5 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:11 pm

XBMC cant play BR's ripped into Video_TS.ISO movies because it cant see into the ISO file of a BR..It can for DVD but not for BR.

kjhgshadow

Post by kjhgshadow » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:54 pm

According to people on the forums it can. But not any release, only people that compiled from the git source have a new enough version. I have never tried because I just do decrypted backups a leave them in the blu-ray file structure on my hard drive.

dabx5

Post by dabx5 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Wow really i never heard that.. everyone i spoke to says to rip into .mkv format and all works fine..

Thanks for staying with me on this issue.

D.

dabx5

Post by dabx5 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:53 am

i found the multiple copy issue.. I was missing the section where selections are made as it only comes up once a source is selected.. My Bad.. I am new to this app...

however: i have noticed that app make.mkv creates a folder.jpg file of the movie case during the .mkv rip.....my issue here is that the jpg file is often wrong as it is not the correct case (example King Kong produced the movie case from the 1975 version of the file instead of the 2005 version).. Can this be pointed to somewhere else to get the data for the folder.jpg cover file or is this something we are stuck with...I am also not able to change it with a copy paste of the correct folder.jpg file from a backup i have which is correct..it seems to just reverse the change every time i try it.. ???