The Girl Who Played With Fire

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Ryanide

The Girl Who Played With Fire

Post by Ryanide » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:31 pm

This Blu-ray has both English and Swedish Audio and English subtitles.
I can't Open the disc because I get the error: The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted.
However, I did a backup and it was able to decrypt the backup. Then I opened the MKV file with MakeMVK and I selected the Title and the Swedish Audio (unchecked the English Audio) and checked the English (forced only) Subtitles. Then processed the file again like this to remove the English audio.
When I open the resulting file in the finder, it plays with Swedish Audio, but no subtitles. However, when I open that file in VCL player it shows the English subtitles as it should.

The problem is that Handbrake does not see the subtitles and therefore they are missing in the AppleTV converted file. Is there another way to force the subtitles to display that I'm missing? Or have I just gone about this all wrong?

I don't like the English Audio since the lips don't match.

Seems to be the same with the other 2 movies too (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest).

Romansh

Re: The Girl Who Played With Fire

Post by Romansh » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:53 pm

HandBrake does not support Blu-ray subtitles.

foodog

Post by foodog » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Ryanide wrote:This Blu-ray has both English and Swedish Audio and English subtitles.
I can't Open the disc because I get the error: The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted.
However, I did a backup and it was able to decrypt the backup. Then I opened the MKV file with MakeMVK and I selected the Title and the Swedish Audio (unchecked the English Audio) and checked the English (forced only) Subtitles. Then processed the file again like this to remove the English audio.
When I open the resulting file in the finder, it plays with Swedish Audio, but no subtitles. However, when I open that file in VCL player it shows the English subtitles as it should.

The problem is that Handbrake does not see the subtitles and therefore they are missing in the AppleTV converted file. Is there another way to force the subtitles to display that I'm missing? Or have I just gone about this all wrong?

I don't like the English Audio since the lips don't match.

Seems to be the same with the other 2 movies too (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest).
If you are on a Mac use iVi not sure what to use if on a PC

Ryanide

Post by Ryanide » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:13 am

Never heard of iVi. Looks good. I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

Ryanide

Post by Ryanide » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:42 am

iVi worked to burn in the subtitles with the swedish audio into a MV4 file playable on Apple TV. The only problem is that the conversion took 20+ hours!!! : o

Thanks!!