No english audio or no audio at all (Blu ray rip)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
josap

No english audio or no audio at all (Blu ray rip)

Post by josap » Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:54 am

Total noob here but need some help. I'm trying to rip my blu rays and I keep getting either the spanish audio track only or no audio track at all. I have a feeling it has to do with the different types of tracks. The english track that I want is DTS Surround 5.1 and the only track that will rip is the spanish which is DD Surround. I figure it has got to do with the DTS vs DD, but I don't know what the problem is, is it my computer won't handle DTS so just won't play it, is it the Blu ray drive, I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

dcoke22

Re: No english audio or no audio at all (Blu ray rip)

Post by dcoke22 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:57 am

I think Windows Media Player won't play DTS by default. You might have to download a codec pack for it. Or try a different player, like VLC.

MartyMcNuts

Re: No english audio or no audio at all (Blu ray rip)

Post by MartyMcNuts » Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:01 am

josap wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:54 am
Total noob here but need some help. I'm trying to rip my blu rays and I keep getting either the spanish audio track only or no audio track at all. I have a feeling it has to do with the different types of tracks. The english track that I want is DTS Surround 5.1 and the only track that will rip is the spanish which is DD Surround. I figure it has got to do with the DTS vs DD, but I don't know what the problem is, is it my computer won't handle DTS so just won't play it, is it the Blu ray drive, I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.
Computers generally don't play DTS without installing specific codecs or players. Try downloading the K-Lite Mega Codec pack, which also included MPC-HC.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com