Arabic Dubs non existant

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Folan

Arabic Dubs non existant

Post by Folan » Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:53 pm

Hello, Blu-Ray movies in the Middle East are rare, and when you find some their price will be stupidly expensive around 50-80$. And what's even more rare to the point of being almost non-existent, are the Arabic dubbed Disney movies, I literally couldn't find any, the only thing I could find is a seller in another country that sells them for almost 130$ :!:

So I thought of just buying an English version from Amazon and using MKVToolNIX to replace the original with an Arabic audio track, but the question is.. where can I find an Arabic audio track (legally)?

segfaulted

Re: Arabic Dubs non existant

Post by segfaulted » Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:57 am

Folan wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:53 pm
So I thought of just buying an English version from Amazon and using MKVToolNIX to replace the original with an Arabic audio track, but the question is.. where can I find an Arabic audio track (legally)?
If you're going for physical blu-ray releases, there are a number of Disney releases in Europe which include an Arabic dub. A helpful resource to use is the database search on Blu-ray.com where you can put the word "arabic" in the Audio section to search for those releases. Also be sure to choose the country by picking the flag at the very top of the page; you could start by searching for titles from the United Kingdom since Amazon UK may ship internationally.

Folan

Post by Folan » Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:07 am

You are a life saver!!

I was using the advanced search method set to US and didn’t know I had to change countries to show different results since I’m very new to Blu-Rays and ripping.

It does indeed show that the blu-rays have Arabic dubbing, but when I press buy now and it redirects me to Amazon UK, it doesn’t include Arabic in the specifications of the listing. How can I verify that it actually has Arabic dubbing and it’s just missing information in the amazon listing?

segfaulted

Post by segfaulted » Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:23 am

That's a question that I don't have an easy answer for. If it's possible, you can try searching for pictures of the box/cover art from other websites which should indicate what languages are on the specific edition's blu-ray release. Some of the Amazon listings have pictures showing the back of the box. Look for the UPC or barcode number and cross-check to see if the release does include the dub or not.

Also try looking for details through other UK stores such as Rarewaves. Their website shows the audio languages and barcode number.

I see one odd instance where Arabic is only available on the 3D edition, Toy Story 3. see the 3D+2D combo pack which lists Arabic, while the standard 2D edition does not. Searching further, there's an ebay listing showing a photo for the back of the box, confirming that Toy Story 3's Arabic dub is on the 3D disc only.

Folan

Post by Folan » Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:19 pm

I've been looking for the last few days, I'm still a bit disappointed to be honest for the lack of titles, I even had the filter on "All countries" and since I could use something like DHL+ or ShipIt4Me and buy from around the world no matter what country. But almost all the Blu-Rays are the same, a lot of the new stuff like Turbo, Moana, etc..

Most of the Movies I want are only available one out of three in the franchise, like:
  • - Toy Story (only 3rd and only in 3D or first, no complete collection)
    - Monster Inc. (only the second one)
    - A bug's Life (didn't find)
    - Ratatouille (mostly in Russia which is hard to get)
    - Lion King (Also in Russia)
    - Aladdin (didn't find)
    - Cars (Mostly only the first one)
    - Finding Nemo & Dory (No complete collection)
Even though I could buy each movie from different countries, but would cost a lot, to ship each disk at once, since if I want Toy story 3 I'd get it from the UK, and Toy Story 1 would be from Australia and so on, even then I would still have to check if it really has Arabic or not. where I could just get the full collection 1-4 from the UK at only 13 pounds but it would be in English. It's pretty ironic that when we Arabs want to buy Arabic dubbed movies, I'd have to buy them from the UK or Europe. But still thanks a lot for the method.

But going back to the original question, where could I find Arabic soundtracks?

segfaulted

Post by segfaulted » Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:47 am

If the physical blu-rays aren't easy to get, what about finding digital streaming services that have Arabic dubs? Maybe something like Disney+ is an option?

Folan wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:19 pm
But going back to the original question, where could I find Arabic soundtracks?
Are you asking about extracting the audio track from the movies? If you rip a movie to mkv, you can use other tools such as mkvtoolnix to demultiplex its audio track(s) to a separate file, and then remultiplex the audio track into a different mkv rip.

Folan

Post by Folan » Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:05 pm

segfaulted wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:47 am
Maybe something like Disney+ is an option?
Disney+ does in fact have Arabic soundtrack, but the point of ripping Blu-rays is to own the movies I like and not rely on streaming services.
segfaulted wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:47 am
Are you asking about extracting the audio track from the movies?
Not exactly, I don't have a movie that has an Arabic soundtrack that I could extract since they're very rare. What I want to do is buy normal English Blu-rays and then add an Arabic soundtrack to them, so the question is where could I get Arabic soundtracks for my movies?

segfaulted

Post by segfaulted » Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:38 pm

Folan wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:05 pm
Not exactly, I don't have a movie that has an Arabic soundtrack that I could extract since they're very rare. What I want to do is buy normal English Blu-rays and then add an Arabic soundtrack to them, so the question is where could I get Arabic soundtracks for my movies?
The soundtracks could come from other disc formats like DVD if they include Arabic audio. Or perhaps the soundtrack could be "ripped" from an online stream using an audio recording app -- I'm not a fan of that, but it is an easier way to get the soundtrack.

Regardless of source, new soundtracks can be added to a ripped movie with mkvtoolnix.

Folan

Post by Folan » Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:53 pm

Unfortunately there also isn’t DVD or even VHS so also not an option, I thought of extracting the audio from Disney+ like you said, but do we actually own the movies? Isn’t it more like renting rather than owning?

segfaulted

Post by segfaulted » Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:19 pm

They don't offer purchase options, as far as I know. It's only subscription-based access to their library, so it would be essentially renting.

Folan

Post by Folan » Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:02 am

segfaulted wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:19 pm
They don't offer purchase options, as far as I know.
I found out that iTunes sells digital copies of Disney movies and it includes Arabic dubs, it’s a bit expensive (16$ for each, there is no collections), but is there a way to download the movie off of iTunes to my NAS?

segfaulted

Post by segfaulted » Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:43 pm

iTunes should have an option to download purchased movies, but the files will be encrypted with Apple's DRM. Maybe there is some way around it, but I can't be sure right now.

Folan

Post by Folan » Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:54 am

You're correct, iTunes allows you to download movies but it's capped at 1080p even if it was 4k, which wouldn't matter if I want the soundtrack. I found an app that bypasses the DRM and converts it to MP4, but all Pixar movies are being sold for 16$ each at 4k, Dolby Atmos, and Dolby Vision which I won't be able to use if I download it and can only be used if I used their app and would be a waste of money since I already own the movies :(

I'll wait for a discounted bundle or try to look elsewhere for now