Strange new rip error?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
MVCurt

Strange new rip error?

#1 Post by MVCurt » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:23 pm

I just lended a blu-ray that was released in my country only,produced in non english language so
it wont be released elsewhere.
The blu-ray was released 3-4 months ago.
Regarding the disc it says : Highest AACS version: 51
But the strange error that I have never seen before is that in content decription it list over 200(!) titles that is each 7gb in size?!?
Tried to rip but had to cancel as it would have taken 40+ hours besides I have no idea which one has the actual tv episodes....and I also get HDD is to small to save the content message.
Just wondering if there is a way around this?

Woodstock

Re: Strange new rip error?

#2 Post by Woodstock » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:40 pm

Welcome to the world of Lionsgate disks. Hundreds of fake titles, one correct one, and the correct one varies according to which version of the disk you purchased. Yes, if you bought from Amazon US, your disk is different that someone bought from Amazon UK, or Target, or ???.

A search for "bluray playlist obfuscation youtube" will come up with helpful ways to determine which play list is correct for the disk YOU have. You can also search various video forums for the title, and see what others have found.

MVCurt

#3 Post by MVCurt » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Thanks Woodstock for reply.
The disc that gives me trouble isnt sold in the US or in countries like Uk,germany and so
since the content wast made for any other country than the one I live in.
And its not from lionsgate.
So the task seems hard for me to progress in.....besides I dont have Powerdvd software either.

Woodstock

#4 Post by Woodstock » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:20 pm

While PowerDVD is used in the examples, any software that can play the disk you have potentially could be used. And a free version of PowerDVD is included in the purchase of many after-market Bluray drives.

There are reasons NOT to have PowerDVD installed, however - it will make changes to the firmware of the drive, which could affect other programs, like MakeMKV. In an ideal setup, you would have a separate machine set up with PowerDVD and a BD drive specifically for finding the true title, but who can afford that?

If it isn't a Lionsgate disk, there is less likely to be differences between distributed versions within a country, so doing a search for the disk title may net you the correct information. This is the kind of "copy protection" that does not cause problems for real pirates, just those of us who don't want to dig out that fragile optical disk every time we want to watch a movie!

MVCurt

#5 Post by MVCurt » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:18 pm

I couldnt find any info regarding the disc while searching for it.
The only software I have on pc that plays blu-ray is Clear.Fi but it wont
play this disc.
I give up this title,not a big deal but would be cool if it was possible for me to rip it.
Thanks for all suggestions :)