Dark matter: main title missing from main disc of Inception

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
bernard

Dark matter: main title missing from main disc of Inception

#1 Post by bernard » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:58 pm

I've ripped a couple hundred BDs without trouble, and pardon me if this problem has already been reported. The disc opens without error, but the title list only shows three items of only about 0.5 GB each and only a few minutes long. The log window shows:
Using direct disc access mode
File 00051.m2ts was added as title #0
File 00050.m2ts was added as title #1
File 00049.m2ts was added as title #2
Operation successfully completed
When I try to us Backup, it shows "Backup failed." The disc plays fine in a PS3.

I bought this movie in December 2010, so it's not a late model.

The material is there but is undetected, not unlike dark matter.

Suggestions? Thanks.

setarip_old

Re: Dark matter: main title missing from main disc of Incept

#2 Post by setarip_old » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:49 am

Hi!
I've ripped a couple hundred BDs without trouble...The disc plays fine in a PS3.

In light of your recent problem with "Inception" - Have you NOW tried re-ripping some of your older, commercial Blu-ray discs (on the same computer setup) to make sure that those discs still behave properly?
Last edited by setarip_old on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bernard

#3 Post by bernard » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:02 am

setarip_old wrote:
In light of your recent problem with "Inception" - Have you NOW tried re-ripping some of your older, commercial Blu-ray discs (on the same computer setup) to make sure that those discs still behave properly?
I have three BD drives, and while I have not done any re-rips, I have plowed ahead with more BDs. I have not noticed any dark matter behavior; they all seem pretty unremarkable. And they all have at least one jumbo file, i.e. >20 GB. It is certainly possible that smaller files have gone undetected as dark matter since I would not know to look for them.

You'd think that trouble with equipment would cause an error rather than mysterious invisibility of the main file. I'll double check the disc in another drive, just in case.

Romansh

#4 Post by Romansh » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:44 pm

My US disc of Inception works fine here, FWIW.

bernard

#5 Post by bernard » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:59 pm

You're never going to believe this, but in the ASUS drive it reads the usual long list of files including the jumbo file. The drive failing to show the dark matter is an ATAPI iHES112 3. Now I wonder what clips I might have missed in those three banker's boxes of BDs.