HELP! I'm having issues ripping several Blu Ray Discs.

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Drestylz

HELP! I'm having issues ripping several Blu Ray Discs.

#1 Post by Drestylz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:18 pm

So I've been using Make MKV for the last several months with no issues what so ever. Now I just got my media center back from being worked on (Drive was cloned because my current drive was beginning to fail) and now it's just not ripping Blu Ray discs. It's telling me that all of the discs can't be decoded and this can't be a coincidence. I have tried un-installing it and re-installing it...no luck. What else could I be doing wrong? What could have changed? I'm running Windows 7 (FYI) and the list of movies that won't work are:

1. Sleepy Hollow
2. A Bugs Life
3. Beverly Hills Cop 2
4. Journey Into Amazing Caves: IMAX

Other than having an odd choice in movies what could be the issue? Has anyone else run into this issue? BYW, they are all US discs so that's not the issue.

Thanks in advance for ANY and ALL help.

setarip_old

Re: HELP! I'm having issues ripping several Blu Ray Discs.

#2 Post by setarip_old » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:23 am

Hi!

Is your new replacement drive capable of reading Blu-ray discs?

Drestylz

#3 Post by Drestylz » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:36 am

Yes it is. Sorry, should have been clear. The Blu Ray drive was not replaced, the HD (one of them) was.

Drestylz

#4 Post by Drestylz » Tue May 01, 2012 2:51 am

One additional comment. All discs that are able to be ripped are accessed through direct access mode. It seems like it stopped decrypting altogether. HELP!!

Drestylz

#5 Post by Drestylz » Tue May 01, 2012 4:47 am

Ok. So i purchased this product last week and now suddenly its not working. I have no admin support and no one has any idea why my product isn't working. I'm all about supporting a good product by paying to use it but if it's not working and i get no support.....chargeback!

Anyone want to try to help me before i give up and get my $$back? I would REALLY appreciate any help. Would like to keep trying.

mike admin

#6 Post by mike admin » Tue May 01, 2012 7:25 am

Please enable and post the debug log per http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8/catid/6

Smithcraft

#7 Post by Smithcraft » Tue May 01, 2012 9:42 am

Also, people do not live on this forum 24/7. So maybe rather than panic, wait more than two hours before calling for help again.

SC

GFOviedo

#8 Post by GFOviedo » Tue May 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Have you tried using a different ripping software to see if that works to at least read the disk? If it doesn't read the disk then it could be that your BD drive isn't working correctly. I would suggest to download AnyDVD HD free ripper tool to do a test. You will have to exit MakeMKV though.

Drestylz

#9 Post by Drestylz » Tue May 01, 2012 3:50 pm

I will post the log later this evening. I have downloaded AnyDVD and it worked fine. That's another reason why I am so confused on this.

Drestylz

#10 Post by Drestylz » Wed May 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Posting the errors I recieved off of two Blu Ray discs.

Movie Title: Sleep Hollow

MakeMKV v1.7.4 win(x86-release) started
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ATAPI iHBS112 2 CL0G' at offset '24081659904'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ATAPI iHBS112 2 CL0G' at offset '655360'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ATAPI iHBS112 2 CL0G' at offset '32768'

Movie Title: Beverly Hills Cop
MakeMKV v1.7.4 win(x86-release) started
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COMMAND SEQUENCE ERROR' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..010C1 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Drive BD-RE ATAPI iHBS112 2 CL0G has RPC protection that can not be bypassed. Change drive region or update drive firmware from http://tdb.rpc1.org. Errors likely to follow.
Using direct disc access mode

I gave up on this one after 30 minutes of no progress with the decoding process.

mike admin

#11 Post by mike admin » Fri May 04, 2012 1:05 pm

You have either a bad disc or failing drive. These are all hardware errors.