Some Titles Crashing WMC

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
jones2416

Some Titles Crashing WMC

#1 Post by jones2416 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:14 pm

First I would like to say that I am loving Make MKV so far. When I started converting over my collection to MKV's I was using FAB. Since I was building my HTPC at the same time I was ripping I missing a huge flaw with FAB. All of my MKV's with HD Audio skip and pop when I am pushing DTS-HD.. Great so now I am re-ripping my entire collection over with Makemkv but I have run into a few very strange issues.

I ripped King Kong and Transporter 3 the other night. Both with just the Video stream and the DTS-HD stream. When loading into WMC it automatically crashes and then it locks the title. When I try to delete the file it spins in discovery mode. Now the odd thing is I can play these files (at least King Kong) in VLC with no problem. I am going to try and rip it with regular DTS and see if I get the same issue.. Any one get any ideas?

Also Does Make MKV reach out to the internet while ripping? On some titles I notice I am getting kicked from the network. Very Strange.

setarip_old

Re: Some Titles Crashing WMC

#2 Post by setarip_old » Thu May 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi!
Also Does Make MKV reach out to the internet while ripping?
Yes - I believe for SVQ files...

crowfax

#3 Post by crowfax » Thu May 26, 2011 9:25 pm

jones2416 wrote:Also Does Make MKV reach out to the internet while ripping?
During the decryption stage for disc with BD+ it will download the latest SVQ file, and it will tell you when it is doing this.

During the ripping stage there is no internet activity.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox

mike admin

#4 Post by mike admin » Fri May 27, 2011 11:50 am

crowfax wrote:
jones2416 wrote:Also Does Make MKV reach out to the internet while ripping?
During the decryption stage for disc with BD+ it will download the latest SVQ file, and it will tell you when it is doing this.

During the ripping stage there is no Internet activity.
The (downloadable) SVQ files are needed for a very small number of titles (currently 5) - so unless you're opening a BD disc with a very recent BD+ protection, Internet connection is not necessary. You can also always download the combined SVQ file manually ( via anonymizer if you wish) and disable Internet access in MakeMKV preferences. MakeMKV never sends any disc or user-specific information to the server, just checks for updates.