Is it foolish to use SONY's PS3 for Blu-ray viewing today in 2024?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
qingjiu863

Is it foolish to use SONY's PS3 for Blu-ray viewing today in 2024?

#1 Post by qingjiu863 » Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:12 am

I am a relatively poor blu-ray disc enthusiast, available to me, and can freely mount Blu-ray original disc iso, seems to be only SONY PS3 and computer, but computer I can not find any can fully use the Blu-ray menu player, so seems to me PS3 is the most cost-effective choice, I am a Chinese, These words are translated by translation software, you may not understand, I have a PS4 that has been cracked, if you have any way to mount a Blu-ray image on PS4, you are also welcome to comment and tell me, thank you :D

Woodstock

Re: Is it foolish to use SONY's PS3 for Blu-ray viewing today in 2024?

#2 Post by Woodstock » Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:25 pm

If you rip the Bluray using MakeMKV, you can play the video on a lot more devices.

MVCurt

Re: Is it foolish to use SONY's PS3 for Blu-ray viewing today in 2024?

#3 Post by MVCurt » Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:04 pm

qingjiu863 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:12 am
I am a relatively poor blu-ray disc enthusiast, available to me, and can freely mount Blu-ray original disc iso, seems to be only SONY PS3 and computer, but computer I can not find any can fully use the Blu-ray menu player, so seems to me PS3 is the most cost-effective choice, I am a Chinese, These words are translated by translation software, you may not understand, I have a PS4 that has been cracked, if you have any way to mount a Blu-ray image on PS4, you are also welcome to comment and tell me, thank you :D
Not the reply you are looking for perhaps but many years ago I compared side by side PS3 bluray movie playback with the PS4 and the difference was huge.
Much better picture quality on PS4 but not only that also better performance overall.
I havent tried home burned blurays on the PS3 but ive had no issues playing them on the PS4.....some burned from ISO and with menus and all extras included.