Shin Godzilla Subtitles and Godzilla vs Destroya Question

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
mike_mgoblue

Shin Godzilla Subtitles and Godzilla vs Destroya Question

#1 Post by mike_mgoblue » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:53 pm

I have a question about the Blu-ray called "Shin Godzilla."

I also have a question about the Blu-ray called "Godzilla vs Destroyah."

I usually like to "Burn In" the Subtitles so then the subtitles don't need to be turned on. VLC may turn on certain subtitles automatically if the track is selected as a "Default," however many other players do not do so. This is why I like to just "Burn In" the track that includes just the words that are foreign, not the track that includes everything as a subtitle.

In the movie Shin Godzilla, there are a lot of subtitles throughout the entire movie - at both the top and bottom of the screen. There were references to this regarding the "subtitles" when the movie was released in American theaters. I don't know, though, because I didn't see it at the theater. These particular subtitles throughout the movie are on Subtitle Track #2 in Shin Godzilla. Does anyone know if the proper way for Shin Godzilla to be seen is without any subtitles to be turned on? Or is it with the Subtitles of Track #2 turned on?

Also, with the movie Godzilla vs Destroyah, I burned in the subtitles from Track #3 - which includes mostly the "written" items such as letters and signs in Japanese text. The problem is, "If" I were to ever want to turn on Subtitle Track #1 so that "all" the words appear in text on the screen, it goofs up and blocks out those "Burned In" items. For some reason, they don't match up well. Does anyone have any suggestions for Godzilla vs Destroyah?