Jungle Book error

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
netwrxman

Jungle Book error

#1 Post by netwrxman » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:42 pm

I'm getting the following errors when reading the disk:

Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:LOGICAL UNIT HAS NOT SELF-CONFIGURED YET' occurred while reading 'BD-ROM HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12NS30 1.00' at offset '21292185600'

Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT' occurred while reading 'BD-ROM HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12NS30 1.00' at offset '21292185600'

Any ideas? Not having any issues with any other disks so far- just this one but I haven't seen anyone else posting bluray errors either.

Woodstock

Re: Jungle Book error

#2 Post by Woodstock » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:59 pm

This is an error between the hardware (the "logical unit) and the operating system.

Since this is an internal SATA drive, it most likely needs to be reset, which requires either powering down the machine or using the physical reset button, as a normal reboot does not reset the hardware on the motherboard.

If it persists, it may be a problem with the electronics on the drive failing.

yorgo

Re: Jungle Book error

#3 Post by yorgo » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:46 pm

Given this is the only disc it is happening to, you may wish to try cleaning the disc or, if that doesn't do anything, replacing the disc. Google/forum search yielded this as a recommendation as well. But I'd start with Woodstock's recommendation of resetting, then cleaning/replacing, then trying a new/different drive.