Escape Plan US Netflix - zillions of titles - which is right

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
dwbotsch

Escape Plan US Netflix - zillions of titles - which is right

Post by dwbotsch »

As the subject says... I found a previous thread that seemed to reference the retail release, but the mentioned playlists and segment maps aren't matching up at all with what I'm seeing. I am also seeing nothing with a runtime of 1:55:35 ... closest to that is a 1:55:32 runtime... lots of runtimes and lots of either 16 or 17 chapters.

Some folk seemed to imply that the gui would give a chapter list... on the linux version of 1.8.12, doesn't seem to be the case... just the usual listing of audio and video tracks. And then the chapter count and segment map/etc.

So, I have approximately 200 titles all in the right ballpark from which to choose... any help?

thanks.
dwbotsch

Re: Escape Plan US Netflix - zillions of titles - which is r

Post by dwbotsch »

Replying to myself a bit. Decrypted a backup and tried with both VLC and DVDFab under Wine.

VLC chose one title to play as its default, ripped that. Then loaded up in DVDFab, and that chose 578 which does have a 1:55:35 runtime. Guess I just missed it.

Still, tho, would be nice to have makemkv somehow indicate the right title. And interesting that VLC chose a different "right" title. I wonder why.
Warrzone

Re: Escape Plan US Netflix - zillions of titles - which is r

Post by Warrzone »

You shouldn't be ripping rented discs. It's illegal. Only rip discs you own for backup.

In the case that you ended up keeping the Netflix disc and thus now own it, I would head over to the SlySoft forums. They might be able to get you what you need. If you haven't used your AnyDVD HD trial, do that. It will list the correct playlist.