Doctor Who series six part one (US)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Gammera3

Doctor Who series six part one (US)

Post by Gammera3 »

It seems to only rip the audio, there is no video in any of the titles. All other blu-rays rip fine.
Romansh

Re: Doctor Who series six part one (US)

Post by Romansh »

It's possible the video is interlaced VC-1 and you're using a player which doesn't support it (e.g. VLC, XBMC, etc.). If this is the issue, there's nothing MakeMKV can do about it. You'll need to find a player which can play interlaced VC-1.
ibixat

Post by ibixat »

I don't own it but I'd be willing to bet good money that it's interlaced VC-1, The David Tennant Specials blu-ray was interlaced VC-1. I used Mediaespresso to re-encode the video stream and mkvmerge to replace just the video stream in the original MKVs created by makemkv. I think ripbot264 can handle interlaced VC-1 for re-encoding as well. I like using mediaespresso because it was decently quick and produces acceptable results.
kjhgshadow

Post by kjhgshadow »

It isn't VC-1, I checked blu-ray.com and it is 1080i MPEG4 AVC
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

kjhgshadow wrote:It isn't VC-1, I checked blu-ray.com and it is 1080i MPEG4 AVC
It means nothing. Please use mediainfo to check the MKV file.
Casey4147

Post by Casey4147 »

This is the first of the Doctor Who Blu Rays that has NOT been encoded VC-1 - a delightful surprise. My poor MacBook Pro doesn't know VC-1 very well, and the only method I have to convert to a Mac/iTunes-friendly MP4/M4V is QuickTime with the Flip4Mac plug-in... a VERY slow process.
HTMLSpinnr

Post by HTMLSpinnr »

I can confirm that the MAIN episodes in Series 6 are 1080i MPEG4 AVC with DTS-HD audio, which I can easily convert to H.264 w/ Handbrake. The Christmas Special on disc 1 is still 1080i VC-1, which I'm still struggling to find a decent conversion tool - RipBot264 does an okay job, but doesn't quite handle decimating back to 24p w/o introducing jitter.