Anyone know what this error message means?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
johng

Anyone know what this error message means?

Post by johng »

I got this trying to backup "The Lighthouse" on a external USB Pioneer BDR-XD05 drive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Backing up disc into folder "G://backup/THE_LIGHTHOUSE"
LibreDrive firmware support is not yet available for this drive (id=BF04C03F631B)
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
DEBUG: Code 0 at 7i-a{%3NfdOgCq$zYr7:29396391
DEBUG: Code 0 at p5[{QM( _h&K=9_[V#o5:29396920
Backup failed
johng

Re: Anyone know what this error message means?

Post by johng »

One other thing to note is I put it into my old PC which has an internal LG WH14NS40 drive and the backup went fine.
johng

Post by johng »

OK I got another error on the external USB Pioneer BDR-XD05 drive. Did my drive get bricked or something?

MakeMKV v1.14.7 win(x64-release) started
The new version 1.15.0 is available for download at http://www.makemkv.com/download/
Backing up disc into folder "E:/Video/backup/BRIAN_BANKS"
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Error 'OS error - An operation was attempted to a volume after it was dismounted' occurred while writing data to 'E:/Video/backup/BRIAN_BANKS/BDMV/STREAM/00246.m2ts' at offset '1879048192'
Backup failed
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Your destination drive, E:, disconnected while you were trying to write to it. Is it a USB drive, by chance?

When I first learned about problems with USB power, it was because a friend's USB drive went off-line whenever his USB printer fired up. If USB ports do not have "full power available", weird things can happen when dealing with devices that use full power.
johng

Post by johng »

Yes it is a USB drive and it can go to sleep, but I would think there would be enough activity during a backup that that shouldn't happen. Maybe I'll start backing up to my C: drive instead.