Corrupt or invalid?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
fiones

Corrupt or invalid?

Post by fiones »

I'm having repeated problems trying to convert Phantom of the Opera from Blu-Ray. I've never had a problem with another conversion before, and I played the disk just fine without any problems, but when I try to convert it, it goes right up to the very end and then suddenly says a stream is corrupt or invalid and it'll try to work around it. After that it tries to work around the problem with no success, no matter how long I leave it. So of a file that should be about 36M when complete, it gets to around the 33M mark and stops. But when I cancel the conversion and/or close the program, it deletes what had been converted so I don't even get that much.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? It's the only time I've ever encountered it.
setarip_old

Re: Corrupt or invalid?

Post by setarip_old »

Sounds like a disc that is either dirty (You may not be able to see it) or damaged at the edge.

Try cleaning the disc and your reader/burner...

But when I cancel the conversion and/or close the program, it deletes what had been converted so I don't even get that much.
Before cancelling, try copying what's already been created to another location (different hard drive or different folder)

fiones

Re: Corrupt or invalid?

Post by fiones »

setarip_old wrote:Before cancelling, try copying what's already been created to another location (different hard drive or different folder)

I actually tried that, it wouldn't work after the original file was cancelled. :(

I've just cleaned off the disk and the disk reader, so I'll try again and see if it works this time.