Audio Sync issue

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
ignite

Audio Sync issue

Post by ignite »

Hi All

First posting to this forum so apologies if this has been covered already, but I did try a search and couldn't find any threads specifically addressing this.

When I rip my blu-rays with the exception of one title I allways seem to get audio sync drifting towards the middle of the film. This then stays out of sync there after.

I'm playing these MKV files on a gen 1 WDTV, it could be perhaps it's this unit that is causing the issues.

My DVD rips are just fine however.

Any advice greatfully received.

Thanks.
mike admin

Re: Audio Sync issue

Post by mike admin »

What is the disc title? If you run file through mkvmerge, will the problem go away?
ignite

Post by ignite »

hi, it was the harry potter number 7 the deathly hallows part 1. By the end of the film it's like watching a badly dubbed "adult" film!

Unfortunately I'm on a mac so the software you mentioned isn't available to me, i'm being walked through how to run this stuff on my mac tho!

I suspect it won't help tho as if it's the seamless branching thats the issue with the delay will vary with every "branch"?

I sort of hoped in the mean time I could just make a backup of my blu rays and play them as std disks, but I cant find a player that would allow me to do this.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Mkvtoolnix doesn't work in OS X anymore?

SC
ignite

Post by ignite »

ignore me I'm quite probably wrong!