(Primary Title)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Twowit2woo

(Primary Title)

Post by Twowit2woo »

Not so much an error but a question.

Have a Bluray which has three versions of the main film. The first, which is at the very top, is 31.9GB and the other two are both 29.9GB (and have the same segment map)

However what is of interest is that both the 2nd and 3rd entries have the words (Primary title) after them.

Is this MakeMKV doing this or is it picking up something from the disc?
mike admin

Re: (Primary Title)

Post by mike admin »

If multiple titles share common segments on discs, it marks this way the title that has segments in "natural" order. This worked well for BD-J structure protections on discs released before 2014, and also gives a hint on what was the main title when disc was authored.
geogan

Post by geogan »

I was hopeing that the Primary Title feature would enable me to find the correct playlists for American Hustle (it it one of the worst with maybe 40 possible playlists listed all around 33Gb).

... and "Hunger Games - Catching Fire" ... over 40 possible playlists listed all around 20Gb...

But even latest version 1.8.13 doesn't mark ANY of them as primary title :cry:

Any chance someone could investigate these two?
tribunal88

Post by tribunal88 »

Check out this thread.
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

Waking up an old thread...

I'm using MakeMKV v1.9.10 for linux. For the "Toy Story - Special Edition" Blu-Ray, MakeMKV does not mark anything in the title list as the primary title. There are three 19.4GB titles, and I see where their segment maps diverge and reconverge. All I need to do is to play 405.m2ts, 504m2ts, and 505.m2ts and determine which is correct.

I've linked the libaacs/libbdplus libraries to use libmmbd instead. When I choose "Open file" in VLC and open any of those files, nothing happens in VLC; the VLC logo remains in the center of the playback window, no current title playing, no duration/elapsed time. Then I tried Open Disc with disc menus enabled. I see a menu with three languages (yay!) and I choose English. But then, nothing happens again - the VLC logo remains in the center, etc.

I *can* play the Blu-ray if I open the disc in VLC with menus disabled. Apparently it chooses a primary title, although I have no idea how or which one, and I can't find any option to display the currently playing *.m2ts file to derive which one it chose.

So what do I do from here?