RIP error: Boondock Saints II, X-men 2

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
JETmn

RIP error: Boondock Saints II, X-men 2

Post by JETmn »

I have only had a few blurays that won't rip, but it is a bit annoying when they won't. Overall makemkv is great though. Here is the error I get:

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00011.m2ts' at offset '315881472'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00011.m2ts' at offset '315881472'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00011.m2ts' at offset '315887616'
Failed to save title 0 to file F:/Video/The_Boondock_Saints_II_All_Saints_Day_t00.mkv

LG bluray drive and a pretty fast computer. I have backed up most of our bluray collection, but have a few that aren't working. Thanks!

I was on 1.8.2 and I upgraded to 1.8.3 and it still doesn't work.
setarip_old

Re: RIP error: Boondock Saints II, X-men 2

Post by setarip_old »

MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR'

Dirty or damaged disc. Try cleaning. If still NG, exchange at place of purchase...
JETmn

Post by JETmn »

I thought the same, but the disks looked perfect. On X-men 2 I tried 3 different disks and none of them worked. It seems like some sort of coding or formatting with the disk. All of the disks seem to be of a similar age too except for Boondock Saints II. Nemo, the incredibles and X-men 2 are all made within a year of each other and they are the only other disks I have had an issue with.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

JETmn wrote:I thought the same, but the disks looked perfect.
Unless your eyes can see all the 1's and 0's that make up 50gb of data, you can't tell by looking what the quality of the disc is.

The error message is telling you that your drive can't read the disc. If you don't want to believe that the disc is bad then you need to buy a new drive.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
JETmn

Post by JETmn »

I believe it is the drive. I tried to copy the file manually (not in .mkv format) and it got stuck 249.7MB in to the file also. I got X-men 2 ripped, but from a DVD we had upstairs.