THE_CHRONICLES_OF_NARNIA_PRINCE_CASPIAN - Error

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Phidens

THE_CHRONICLES_OF_NARNIA_PRINCE_CASPIAN - Error

Post by Phidens »

HI,

Error backing up this bluray. Have tried two separate disks with anydvd on and off.

Logs attached
Attachments
narnia-anydvd-on.txt
(12.15 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
narnia_anydvd_off.txt
(19.49 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
crowfax

Re: THE_CHRONICLES_OF_NARNIA_PRINCE_CASPIAN - Error

Post by crowfax »

Disc is dirty or damaged. You may wish to try cleaning it and trying again. If that fails your only option is to return it and try again.

It's not unheard of for entire batches to be faulty. I had to return one of my movies 4 times before I got one that worked.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
Phidens

Post by Phidens »

The Disc plays fine for the length of the movie... and doesn't look dirty.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Doesn't mean it's ok.

When you rip a disc, you're asking it to make a byte for byte copy of exactly what is on the disc. If it can't read everything perfectly, it'll error out.

DVD and Blu-ray players will just skip over a few errors on the disc causing probably unnoticeable frame drops.

I'm not asking you to take my word for it, I'm simply interpreting the logs for you:
* The drive can't read the disc.
* There is no copy protection that exists on blu-ray that would cause this.
* The only explanation is that the disc is dirty or damaged, or your drive is failing.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@Phidens

Hi!

For "kicks and giggles", see if you get different/better results, if you reduce the minimum filesize from 1,000 to 2 (The lowest it can be set)...