Backup of "Bears" and "The Rover" both hang

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Woodstock

Re: Backup of "Bears" and "The Rover" both hang

Post by Woodstock »

There are several ways to tell Windows that you want to select what drivers to include during the boot process.

Because links in messages can cause delays here, go to google and enter the query "selective boot windows"; one of the first to come up will be a Microsoft page titled "Run Selective Startup using System Configuration".
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
johng

Post by johng »

Got 2 more movies in "Obvious Child" and "Dom Hemingway" and was able to make backups of both. Those are both new releases so looks like the Toshiba UDF driver was definitely the issue.

johng
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I do not know what your usage is, but... if the only use of the BD drive is to rip disks, you can remove the UDF driver.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
johng

Post by johng »

I have it disabled. I originally installed it because VLC and BDInfo couldn't read the bluray drive. I was using BDInfo with AnyDVD (trial version) to rip disks. Since MakeMKV doesn't need the driver then I just backup the disc first and then point BDInfo at the backup version and it works fine. So probably won't need to enable the driver in the future.

johng
Woodstock wrote:I do not know what your usage is, but... if the only use of the BD drive is to rip disks, you can remove the UDF driver.