MakeMKV Streaming doesn't work

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
domit

MakeMKV Streaming doesn't work

Post by domit »

Same problem previously posted at:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... eam+buffer and
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... eam+buffer.
No replies with any solutions.
MakeMKV v1.9.5 eval successfully reads a BD (Avatar in this case) from a USB-connected drive and is able to convert to a mkv file. But if I start streaming from the BD drive, MakeMKV successfully launches the server, but playback is extremely slow (<.25x), appearing as a sequence of stills with short bursts of audio.
Player (Oppo BD103) is able to access same files directly from BD drive through network (Windows share or Oshare DLNA) and play at full speed.
Tried with and without AnyDVDHD, no difference.
I'm not inclined to purchase full license when primary feature is non-functional.
Where's tech support on prior posts? Where's a FAQ article? If I wanted software with no tech support, I'd be shopping freeware.
Setup: Dell E6520 laptop, Win8-64b, LG BE14NU40 drive (via USB2.0), wired Ethernet (PC and Oppo) via Netgear R7000, MakeMKV v1.9.5 eval (Win x64).
WB5AGF

Re: MakeMKV Streaming doesn't work

Post by WB5AGF »

I have the same problem.

So far I'm finding that MakeMKV can convert a blu ray disc so that it can be saved to a hard drive and I can then watch the movie using VLC (and I have PAID for my copy of MakeMKV) but I have found that streaming does not work (I think that I may have 1 or 2 old blu ray discs that will stream but none of my more current ones will).

I just don't have enough disk space to save all my blu ray discs and it simply takes too long to wait for MakeMKV to decode a disc, save it to a drive, watch it once, and then erase the movie because I don't want to tie up valuable disc space with a movie that I'll only watch one in awhile.

I need blu ray streaming to work .... What is wrong ?