The Hobbit Extended Edition

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Syxx2003

The Hobbit Extended Edition

Post by Syxx2003 »

When I try to copy The Hobbit Extended Edition it gives me an error like this but there are multiple ones with different numbers.

The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00024.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 35572611072, attempting to work around

It lists that message 21 times and as I scroll up there's more like that but the 35572611072 number is different.
ndjamena

Re: The Hobbit Extended Edition

Post by ndjamena »

It means you need to clean the disc, or get it replaced.
Syxx2003

Post by Syxx2003 »

Must be the disc then. I cleaned it three times and there's not a spot on it. It gives the same thing each time.
nitro322

Post by nitro322 »

I ran into this problem on *one* episode on *one* disc of one of my Star Trek season sets. All twenty or so other episodes ripped fine, including special features, but I can't get that one episode ripped, despite the disc itself being brand new and looking immaculate. Never could figure it out, and unfortunately I can't exchange it. :-(

On the off-chance anyone finds some magic solution to make this work, I'd be most appreciative if you could share the details. I'd really like to plug that gap for that one missing episode.
PaulCB

Post by PaulCB »

If you can't visually see any scratches, smudges etc you might need to get a new drive as that one may simply be too sensitive or unable to overcome small errors.
No such issues with MakeMKV and my Hobbit Extendeds or any of the star trek seasons (Original and next gen).