Anchorman 2

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
jriker1

Anchorman 2

Post by jriker1 »

I was wondering if anyone knows if playlist 800 or 801 for Anchorman 2 is the correct one? 801 is the largest but seems to have some audio issues. About 25 minutes into the video the voices start coming out of my back left speakers instead of the center speaker. Playlist 800 is probably the right length however I used DVDFab which I though actually runs the disk and finds the right track. It says 801. Curious as it will take me some time to extract 800 and get it playable on my stereo system to check the audio.

Thanks.

JR
Stbecker

Re: Anchorman 2

Post by Stbecker »

Did you confirm 801 is the right track?
ndjamena

Re: Anchorman 2

Post by ndjamena »

Is this the Theatrical or "Super-sized" version?

Sadly, both my discs contain each movie in it's own M2TS file so I guess this is an American thing...

However:

Theatrical Length: 1:58:47
Supersized Length: 2:23:14

MakeMKV runs the discs through checks as well, apparently if I use the command line and tell it to turn "all" titles into MKVs it finds the primary title and deselects anything that is constituted by the same components. Unfortunately it doesn't warn you that's what it's doing so my Powershell script had it's title count off by quite a bit, and it doesn't subtract the sizes of the removed titles from the "necessary disc space" calculations, so it decided to warn me that it was ripping titles equal to almost three times the size of the BD, which wouldn't fit on my SSD even though what it actually ripped was far less than that and I was ripping to c:\tmp\null anyway. It also didn't help that one of the titles it removed from Alien Resurrection was the extended edition, which if I was actually ripping the disc at that point would be the one I would have wanted. So take "title detection" with a grain of salt. It's possible DVDFab simply couldn't figure out which title to use so just selected the largest one.