Impossible to convert the Blu-Ray "La Vie D'ad?le"

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
mottelet

Impossible to convert the Blu-Ray "La Vie D'ad?le"

Post by mottelet »

Hello,

Makemkv fails to convert the blu-ray "La vie d'ad?le" (SKU: 2XVDVDWPIQAKX) with bad sector error. The blu-ray (brand new, no scratchs or anything else) plays fine in my BL player. Interesting info : anydvd fails also.

S.
mottelet

Re: Impossible to convert the Blu-Ray "La Vie D'ad?le"

Post by mottelet »

mottelet wrote:Hello,

Makemkv fails to convert the blu-ray "La vie d'ad?le" (SKU: 2XVDVDWPIQAKX) with bad sector error. The blu-ray (brand new, no scratchs or anything else) plays fine in my BL player. Interesting info : anydvd fails also.

S.
More precisely, I have the following errors :

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' at offset '5446889472'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' at offset '5446889472'

I use MakeMKV 1.8.11 and the Disc is reported to use AACS V46

S.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

And MakeMKV and Anydvd are reporting the problem to you - the disk has a bad spot on it.

Remember, DVD and Bluray players are PROGRAMMED TO IGNORE MINOR ERRORS. You may not notice a glitch in the video or audio, or you might, but they'll plow through it. There is enough redundancy in the video stream to make up for a missing frame or three.

But tools meant to rip an ACCURATE copy of the disk will complain when confronted with unreadable sectors.
trumpet205

Post by trumpet205 »

Get a replacement disc, it is faulty.

Blu-ray players are programmed to skip unreadable sector, hence it will play fine even though the disc is faulty.