"AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive" Issue

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Woodstock

Re: "AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive" Issue

Post by Woodstock »

I would guess that the drive is taking up too much current. I've seen this behavior before with a printer; adding a POWERED USB hub between the drive and the computer will probably fix it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Sportzter

Post by Sportzter »

So I also have this error "Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive" - I have read as many posts here on MakeMKV that I can, but i have a couple of questions left.

Any BluRay that i put in this drive, gives me this error (I was able to play the Star Wars BDs about a month ago but not now) - from newer BD that were released recently or some that were a couple of years ago. I cannot get any movie to play/rip.

1. Is the BD reader now unusable for Blu-rays?, ie. should I just throw this drive away and start fresh or is the problem embedded in software somewhere?

2. I have tried to do the AACS folder but I don't know what this means in the FAQ: First, you need to set an "AACS keys directory" in preferences (I don't see where this is available in preferences); then you need to put a keyfile with disc for your key into this directory. (Do we have to create the directory? Is this directory in the Users\.makemkv directory? Is there a specific name that we need to call this directory?)

3. Will All BluRay Drives eventually succumb to the "Key revocation" problem - or how do we prevent this from happening in the future? What specific drive/models are "resistant" to the "Key Revocation" problem, if their are any that will not have that problem.

I appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks

Sportzter

Here is my current drive info.
OS device name: \Device\CdRom0
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-12B1ST
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: B6D0CL251129
Naiera

Post by Naiera »

Woodstock wrote:I would guess that the drive is taking up too much current. I've seen this behavior before with a printer; adding a POWERED USB hub between the drive and the computer will probably fix it.
This did not make my problem go away.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Sportzter wrote:So I also have this error "Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive"
What is the "highest MKB version" that is displayed right after that error?