MakeMKV fails to save to .mkv

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
hogger129

MakeMKV fails to save to .mkv

Post by hogger129 »

I'm trying to backup a few Blu Ray discs, never had any issues previously. I want to convert my TrueHD/PCM/DTS-HD tracks to FLAC and have the proper stuff for doing that (mmffmpeg and the dts decoder dll file).

But every time I attempt it, it gets to the very end, then fails to save.

I am using the latest version of MakeMKV (1.8.1). I do not believe my Blu Ray drive is shot, because I was able to make a backup using DVDFab perfectly fine. Even using the ISO that DVDFab produces, I still cannot get MakeMKV to backup to .mkv/FLAC.

I attached my log file, so hopefully someone can take a look and help me out with this. Thanks.
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.zip
(375 Bytes) Downloaded 328 times
Woodstock

Re: MakeMKV fails to save to .mkv

Post by Woodstock »

Try the rip without the FLAC conversion; if it then doesn't fail, you have tripped over a bug in the FLAC conversion. I thought 1.8.1 was supposed to fix that, though... But the symptoms you describe fit the conversion bug.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
hogger129

Post by hogger129 »

Woodstock wrote:Try the rip without the FLAC conversion; if it then doesn't fail, you have tripped over a bug in the FLAC conversion. I thought 1.8.1 was supposed to fix that, though... But the symptoms you describe fit the conversion bug.
Hey Woodstock,

Just tried it again without the FLAC conversion and it worked just fine. So it appears that the FLAC conversion is malfunctioning. FWIW, I tried using the two previous versions of MakeMKV as well and experienced the same issue.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

hogger129 wrote:Just tried it again without the FLAC conversion and it worked just fine. So it appears that the FLAC conversion is malfunctioning. FWIW, I tried using the two previous versions of MakeMKV as well and experienced the same issue.
Are you using mmffmpeg that came with MakeMKV? Please post the full log file.
hogger129

Post by hogger129 »

Yes using mmffmpeg that came with MakeMKV. Full log file is attached in first post as .zip file.
hogger129

Post by hogger129 »

I'm not sure what I did, but I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 1.8.1 and I went into the areas where the user has to point to the location of mmffmpeg and I must have had the normal mmffmpeg selected, but I selected the mmffmpeg64 and now it seems like it's working. I thought I had it pointed to that before, but I could be wrong. Anyway, seems like it's working now.