Dexter Season 4 Disk 1 Blu-ray

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
pseudo7

Dexter Season 4 Disk 1 Blu-ray

Post by pseudo7 »

Hi,

I've tried to rip Dexter Season 4 Disk 1 titles 02 and 03 but they fail with the same error:
"The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00004.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 2397382656, attempting to work around"

I tried getting a replacement disk as makemkv usually never fails but now has on 2 different disks (which have both been cleaned):
Debug log:
http://pastebin.com/Hkh8V3Jm

I only found this old topic: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3397 which wasn't any help.

Many thanks in advance!
pseudo7
crowfax

Re: Dexter Season 4 Disk 1 Blu-ray

Post by crowfax »

Bad discs usually come in batches, I had to return a movie 4 times before I got one that worked.

There isn't any form of copy protection on blu-ray that can stop you copying the files off the drive.

However, if you want confirmation that the disc (or perhaps your drive is bad), then put the disc in the drive and press the "backup" button, it'll verify the checksum of the files against the hashfiles on the disc, if they don't match then you have proof positive either the disc or your drive is bad.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
guymarble

Post by guymarble »

I am also having the same problem!

Have tried Disc 1 and managed to rip 3 out of the 4 episodes but when trying with Disc 2 I cant rip any without getting an error :?

The disc has no marks on and I have cleaned it, don't know what else to do, all my other blu-rays rip perfectly.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Same advice, use the backup button in MakeMKV, see if it comes up with any hash check errors.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
guymarble

Post by guymarble »

Tried backing up the disc and it just fails after a minute:

Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/BACKUP/index.bdmv' at offset '0'
Backup failed