BluRay Drive ripped one disc, wont rip any other after.

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
DrexSinister

BluRay Drive ripped one disc, wont rip any other after.

Post by DrexSinister »

Hello everyone. This is my first post so pardon any mistakes I might make.

For context I use a LG wh14ns40 flashed to the wh16ns60 firmware. I successfully ripped the first disc of the Highschool of the Dead bluray from 2010. Afterwards I tried ripping the second disc to which It spit out a bunch of error lines and failed to open the disc. Unfortunately I'm unable to provide them as I didn't screen shot them and cant recreate the errors. The only bit I remember was "os error".

Afterwards I tried to load the first disc again and that failed to load as well too. All other anime blurays I have from the same publisher "sentai" also no longer load. No errors occur only the "Failed to open disc" message at the bottom. Please help.
DrexSinister

Re: BluRay Drive ripped one disc, wont rip any other after.

Post by DrexSinister »

I believe it may actually be the usb port the drive was plugged into that was causing the issue. I used the drive on another computer and the disk worked fine. Then when I went back to the original computer and tried another usb port the rip worked perfectly, no errors or failed to open messages. So faulty motherboard. Yay?
dcoke22

Re: BluRay Drive ripped one disc, wont rip any other after.

Post by dcoke22 »

Sometimes with those LG desktop drives, the tiny computer inside the drive needs to be rebooted. The only way to do that is to completely power off the drive, wait a few seconds and power it on again. If the drive is in an external enclosure, unplug it, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.