The Good Place The Complete Collection Problems.

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Cultural-Climate9187

The Good Place The Complete Collection Problems.

Post by Cultural-Climate9187 »

So unlike others who have issues with Ripping the Complete collection I managed to but it seems the title includes a few weird odditys.

Firstly it has a weird display at the start and high pitched ringing, followed by some sort of production number thing. Then at the end of the episode it has like 1:53 bits of "Textless Material" no Audio or anything for whatever reason its left in the RIP.

And these are all the titles I can RIP there are no other options.

Now I tried using MKVToolnix to seperate the chapters at Chapter 1 and Chapter 5. Chapter 1 is the start of the normal epsiode and chapter 5 is the end of the entire segment however the split sections keep the starting part attached and it cuts the episode in half way before the end of the episode.

Banging my head on the wall trying to split these strange additions that the Blu-Ray tacks onto the front and end.
dcoke22

Re: The Good Place The Complete Collection Problems.

Post by dcoke22 »

I wonder if you're seeing stuff as described in this thread: Blu-rays with extra video in m2ts files

My set of The Good Place from the USA didn't have anything like you describe. Is yours from the UK by chance?
Cultural-Climate9187

Yes, and yeah that link shows my issue though i figured out another way. While I could not rip after the "Before Chapters" and that wasn't working in MakeMKV ToolNix i used Timestamps throwing the MKV inside the chapters and matching the timestamps up and then using that information to cut from, and from what i have been told MakeMKV ToolNix doesn't re-encode just cuts the sections specified but that seems like its the only way i can fix the error but will be a undertaking as i go through them.

It is the UK release Luckily The Good Place Isn't too huge so it won't be too annoying to correct. Doing some light reading into the link provided and yeah, Will there be any solution to this bug or is it just because I have the UK release?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I don't know if MakeMKV will be updated with a solution. 'mike admin', the program's author, originally stated that he believed the issue wasn't very wide spread. However, it does seem relatively common on UK releases. You should post in that thread about The Good Place. It might help getting a solution higher up the priority list.
Cultural-Climate9187

Yes i definitely will, thoug something interesting i just noticed, I have been ripping between 2 difference shows getting some variation but i noticed today when i ripped season 2 that Disc 1 Worked without issue but Season 2 Disc 2 had a debug code error to start off with then it had the extra videos the test signal, technical title cards etc.

Made me wonder if it was potentially the Extended Cut, I bought the complete collection not the collectors so but box 1 says it contains the extended episodes, but i don't know enough to know for a fact that is the case assuming S2D1 doesn't have extended but S2D2 does especially since its only S1 that says it has the extended cut.

IDK grasping at straws really making sense of why 1 disc would be fine but then it would return to that Unless its just a matter of backing up until it works perfectly. Either way will defintely report my finding to the linked thread once i rip everything for a more accurate idea.