Downton Abbey Complete Series: Season 1 can't read after 4 replacement sets

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
zshguru

Downton Abbey Complete Series: Season 1 can't read after 4 replacement sets

Post by zshguru »

I'm new but not inexperienced in ripping disks. Most of the time disks just work but every now and then I'll get one that can't read. Never had this with a movie series but it happens with TV series fairly frequently. Sometimes just cleaning the disk will work but other times I've had to return the set for new disks. But I've only ever had to do one return to get a series ripped.

Until now. I'm currently trying to rip Downton Abbey the complete series and the first set of disks I got (brand new from amazon) I had 7 that would not read. I've done 3 replacements and each set has a different amount of good and bad disks but I've been able to get nearly a complete series of good disks by replacing the bad ones from my first set with good ones that have come in. I'm down to just 2 bad disks: disks 1 and 2 of season one. I have one more replacement coming but this is the last one amazon will let me do for this series.

The errors are all the same

Code: Select all

Error 'Posix error - Input/output error' occurred while reading '/dev/rdisk7' at offset '1673656320'

Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00004.m2ts' at offset '1673656320'

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00004.m2ts' at offset '1673656320'
What's crazy is out of four sets season one has largely been unreadable. How normal is this? I have two disk drives, an lg and a pioneer I got from Billy. These drives work just fine. How common is it to consistently get bad disks like I've been having? Some of the iterations of these bad disks make the drives sounds like a garbage disposal.

Are there any other things I can do to help my odds? I've cleaned them, tried multiple drives, but the disks for season 1 always come scratched up.