2012 Moive what MPLS do i need?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Zendrith501

2012 Moive what MPLS do i need?

Post by Zendrith501 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:13 pm

Just curious if anyone knows what version of it that i need. or if all three 35.2 GB versions are the same. I see one with 16 chapters, 39 chapters and one with none. if they are all the same then ill get the 16 i think

Woodstock

Re: 2012 Moive what MPLS do i need?

Post by Woodstock » Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:32 am

Are you referring to the movie 2012, or a film called "2012 Moive"?

If you mean the film 2012, 3 copies generally is what you find on a Disney-related company's disks, and one of them will be "00800.mpls", with 801 and 802 being the other two. The first has subtitles and logos in English, while the other two are generally Spanish and French. You make your choice depending on the language you prefer.

"2012 Moive", cannot say.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging

Xenothar

Re: 2012 Moive what MPLS do i need?

Post by Xenothar » Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:56 pm

Just to solve this quickly:

I am pretty sure, this is about the movie: 2012 (2009) [tmdbid-14161]

The one with 16 chapters is the file you want, aka the normal movie. The one with 39 chapters is a slightly different setup using the same underlying m2ts-file, as on the real BD it includes the second video "Picture-in-Picture Roland's Vision" track and activates it during playback. The 39 chapter marks are when these pop up videos start. The third one you saw is most likely just the pure m2ts-file of track 740, which is the main movie with everything, so no playlist adjustments, but I would stick to mpls-files (playlists) for chapters and so on, not the pure m2ts, unless you know exactly what you are doing and why to take raw m2ts :-).

Side note: If you want the picture-in-picture video stream as well, as far as I know, MakeMKV cannot extract it by itself or keep it in the resulting MKV, it doesn't even show the existence of it. You would have to use something like MKVToolnix on the real m2ts-file (740 in Stream folder) and extract the PIP-video-track manually. You could then mux it back into the MKV from MakeMKV, if you wanted to. But it will no longer pop up and the chapter marks are also not there then. The PIP-track by itself would be mostly black screen with little bursts of video at the 39 chapter marks you mentioned.

Cheers.